Roger Gough > DLA Piper > Sheffield, England > Lawyer Profile
DLA Piper Offices
1 ST PAUL'S PLACE
- Go to...
IPT – commercial contracts and distribution.
Roger leads the IPT department in Sheffield which supports national and international clients on their commercial, outsourcing and IT contracts as well as IP and data privacy issues. Roger has over 25 years’ experience of advising on a wide range of commercial contracting arrangements including international trade, distribution and agency, manufacturing agreements and off-take contracts, with particular expertise in collaborations and joint ventures, leading on key mandates this year for Mothercare, Go Outdoors, Reckitt Benckiser, Fellowes and Tata Steel.
Qualified 1985; partner DLA Piper 1995 to date.
Kings College, London (Law LLB (Hons)).
Yorkshire and the Humber > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Sheffield, South Yorkshire(Leading individuals)
DLA Piper UK LLP‘s Sheffield-based team has the capacity to handle local, national and international M&A, public and private equity matters, long-term contracts, outsourcings and procurement transactions. Capital markets and M&A expert Rob McKie leads the corporate team, which includes Richard May, who has particular expertise in the manufacturing sector, and David Beech. Roger Gough heads up the commercial contracts and distribution team and has particular expertise in transport and logistics arrangements. The group is also active in the energy, technology, sports and media, retail and government contracting sectors. Catherine Simister retired from the practice.
Key areas of expertise for DLA Piper UK LLP include major projects and procurement work, real estate issues, financing matters, employment law, litigation and commercial advice, which it handles across sectors including transport, regeneration, housing and waste. Practice leader Robert Smith leads the projects team and is an expert in transport and regeneration projects, Allison Page focuses on PFI and PPP transactions, Roger Gough advises on commercial arrangements, Paul Stone handles contentious work, and Andrew Batterton was recently promoted to location head of the development and infrastructure planning team.
With notable experience advising further education clients, DLA Piper UK LLP also assists education policymakers, schools and private sector companies. Andrew Clarke and Richard Taylor lead the groups in Leeds and Sheffield respectively; Clarke focuses on real estate matters and Taylor has expertise in IP, technology and commercial law. Sheffield-based Roger Gough handles commercial contract work.
- Corporate and commercial: Sheffield, South Yorkshire - Yorkshire and the Humber > Corporate and commercial
- Leading individuals - Yorkshire and the Humber > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Education - Yorkshire and the Humber > Public sector
- Local government - Yorkshire and the Humber > Public sector
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Human resources > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Human resources > Employment: Sheffield and South Yorkshire
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Energy
- Real estate > Environment
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation