Ting Xiao > DLA Piper > Shanghai, China > Lawyer Profile
DLA Piper Offices
36/F SHANGHAI WORLD FINANCIAL CENTRE
100 CENTURY AVENUE, PUDONG
- Go to...
Please see https://www.dlapiper.com/en/uk/people/x/xiao-ting/ for further information.
DLA Piper‘s Greater China team has enviable sector expertise in media, sports, entertainment, consumer goods, food, retail, life sciences and technology. The group manages the IP portfolios of major global brands, while its IP advice covers cross-border anti-piracy operations, global trade mark clearances and disputes, acquisitions, and IP tax restructuring. The Asia IP practice is co-led by Beijing-based Horace Lam, whose practice covers pan-Asia brand protection strategies, cross-border IP litigation, infringement and enforcement work, technology and knowhow transfer and licensing, and IP structuring and transactions; and brand protection and enforcement specialist Edward Chatterton in Hong Kong. The mainland group also features recently promoted partner Ting Xiao, the leader of the firm’s patent practice in China; and senior IP team consultants Allen Xu and Asher Yan. In late 2021, William (Skip) Fisher relocated from Shanghai to the firm’s Seattle office, while Reking Chen left the firm in November 2022.
Acting for both foreign multinational corporations and China-based clients, DLA Piper‘s active and sizeable Greater China team fields specialists in corporate law, IP, regulatory and compliance, investigations, capital markets, employment and tax. The China life sciences practice is co-led by Hong Kong-based compliance and investigations specialist, Sammy Fang; and recently promoted partner Ting Xiao in Shanghai, who focuses on life sciences-related regulatory and IP work. Also on the mainland, Qiang Li‘s broad corporate practice includes advising Chinese life science companies, while Christine Liu in Hong Kong represents pharmaceutical and medical device companies in internal investigations.
- Intellectual property: foreign firms - China
- Life sciences and healthcare: foreign firms - China
- Next Generation Partners - China > Life sciences and healthcare: foreign firms
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Intellectual property: foreign firms
- Labour and employment: foreign firms
- Real estate and construction: foreign firms
- Corporate and M&A: foreign firms
- Dispute resolution: Litigation: foreign firms
- Fintech: foreign firms
- Private equity: foreign firms
- Shipping: foreign firms
- Tax: foreign firms
- Investment funds: foreign firms
- Life sciences and healthcare: foreign firms
- Projects and energy: foreign firms
- Regulatory/compliance: foreign firms
- Restructuring and insolvency: foreign firms
- TMT: foreign firms
- Banking and finance: foreign firms