Stewart Wang > DLA Piper > Shanghai, China > Lawyer Profile
DLA Piper Offices
36/F SHANGHAI WORLD FINANCIAL CENTRE
100 CENTURY AVENUE, PUDONG
- Go to...
Please see https://www.dlapiper.com/en/uk/people/w/wang-stewart/ for further information.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Active across sectors including insurance, life sciences, semiconductors, automobiles and logistics, DLA Piper advises on an equally broad range of transactions, acting on mandates for acquisitions, disposals, mergers and investments. The team is particularly noted for its work with investment funds, including private equity houses, where its clients include Chinese private and state-owned funds as well as international sponsors. The group is jointly led from Shanghai by Roy Chan, a specialist in the insurance and financial services sectors, and Qiang Li, who handles both strategic M&A and private equity transactions. Stewart Wang and Beijing-based James Chang are also key figures in the practice with substantial experience in cross-border M&A.
Delivering ‘great technical excellence and business acumen with real- world solutions‘, DLA Piper‘s Greater China private equity practice advises on the legal and commercial issues that arise at all stages of the private equity life cycle (both within and out of China). The group acts for high-profile private equity funds, established investment firms, and family offices and other equity financial investors, on buyouts, M&A, cross-border transactions, joint ventures, and control and minority investments. Other key areas range from venture and growth capital, to distressed investments, fund formation and limited partner investments. In Shanghai, the recent track record of ‘practical‘ Stewart Wang and Qiang Li includes advising Wise Road Capital on its $1.46bn acquisition of Taiwanese semiconductor giant, ASE Technology Co. Over in Beijing, James Chang is a transactional and regulatory specialist, while Hong Kong-based Luke Gannon is the firm’s highly regarded Asia corporate head.
- Next Generation Partners - China > Corporate and M&A: foreign firms
- Corporate and M&A: foreign firms - China
- Private equity: foreign firms - China
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Intellectual property: foreign firms
- Labour and employment: foreign firms
- Real estate and construction: foreign firms
- Corporate and M&A: foreign firms
- Dispute resolution: Litigation: foreign firms
- Fintech: foreign firms
- Private equity: foreign firms
- Shipping: foreign firms
- Tax: foreign firms
- Investment funds: foreign firms
- Life sciences and healthcare: foreign firms
- Projects and energy: foreign firms
- Regulatory/compliance: foreign firms
- Restructuring and insolvency: foreign firms
- TMT: foreign firms
- Banking and finance: foreign firms