Mr Kristof De Vulder > DLA Piper > Brussels, Belgium > Lawyer Profile
DLA Piper Offices
WOLSTRAAT - 70 – RUE AUX LAINES
- Go to...
Mr Kristof De Vulder
Please see https://www.dlapiper.com/en/uk/people/d/de-vulder-kristof/ for further information.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
DLA Piper advises a wide range of global clients on EU regulatory issues, as well as major IT projects and transactions across Europe. The team works with technology and fintech sector clients as well as corporates engaged in procurement and digital transformation projects. Kristof De Vulder heads up the team and is vastly experienced in regulatory issues, cloud and IT transactions, and IT sector disputes, while recently promoted counsel Raf Schoefs specialises in complex IT and outsourcing transactions, as well as e-commerce sector advice.
DLA Piper fields one of the largest practices in the market. The group handles the full gamut of IT, media, telecoms and data protection mandates for a diverse roster of high-profile clients. The team’s reputation in public sector mandates is underpinned by its close ties with the firm’s public procurement team, working seamlessly on procurement and outsourcing projects for various government departments. The ‘proactive and client-oriented‘ practice head Kristof De Vulder has a wealth of experience in international procurement, as well as an array of contract, cloud computing and transactional matters. Raf Schoefs is noted for his capabilities in IT outsourcing and e-commerce issues. New data protection head Heidi Waem joins the firm from Crowell & Moring.
DLA Piper advises domestic and international clients on the data aspects of major strategic projects, including digital transformation, as well as representing in investigations and litigation before the Belgian DPA and regular courts. Particular areas of strength for the firm’s advisory offering include long-term DPO services and advice on cross-border data transfers. The team is headed up by IT sector lead Kristof De Vulder alongside counsel Heidi Waem, a specialist in data protection and privacy issues with a strong focus on broad compliance issues, data transfers, and data breach response.
- EU regulatory: Information technology - Belgium
- Hall of Fame - Belgium > Industry focus: IT and telecoms
- Industry focus: IT and telecoms - Belgium
- Leading individuals - Belgium > EU regulatory: Information technology
- EU regulatory: Privacy and data protection - Belgium
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- EU regulatory: Information technology
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: IT and telecoms
- Industry focus: Retail
- Insolvency and restructuring
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- EU regulatory: Financial services
- EU regulatory: Food
- EU regulatory: Privacy and data protection
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: Energy
- Real estate and construction
- Banking, finance and capital markets
- Dispute resolution
- Industry focus: Healthcare and life sciences
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Industry focus: Transport
- Intellectual property
- Private equity
- Competition: EU and global