Mr Joseph Frew > DLA Piper > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
DLA Piper Offices
ONE ST PETER'S SQUARE
- Go to...
Mr Joseph Frew
Please see https://www.dlapiper.com/en/uk/people/f/frew-joseph/ for further information.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
DLA Piper‘s practice is described as ‘excellent – highly professional, diligent, approachable and commercial‘. Matthew Christmas and Joseph Frew jointly lead the team; Christmas, who is ‘widely respected in the market’, is known for his advice to banks and credit funds on bilateral and syndicated facilities. Frew, meanwhile, is ‘approachable and practical’ and is strong on asset-based lending work, including real estate finance, both regionally and nationally. Rebecca Williams, who joined from Addleshaw Goddard in February 2019, has strengthened the team, bringing expertise in asset finance. Legal director Sidraf Arif works on structured finance transactions, both nationally and internationally.
‘Able to draw on expertise across practice areas at short notice‘, the multi-disciplinary, multi-office team at DLA Piper has strong market visibility at the front end of deals (as well as in any restructuring or subsequent enforcement/litigation) for a balanced array of stakeholders, including banks, independents, debt funds, sponsors and corporates. The team is noted for its ‘sophisticated and specialist advice‘ across a range of transactional work – including the implementation of ABL facilities for supply chain finance and working capital purposes – as well as on product development and internal policy advice to finance providers in the sector. Manchester-based partner Joseph Frew ‘quickly grasps the important commercial issues‘ and co-heads the UK offering alongside Leeds-based Sarah Day, who has an excellent reputation for UK and US banks and finance companies engaged in structured ABL. Steven Geerlings heads the firm’s international offering.
- Banking and finance - North West > Finance
- Leading individuals - North West > Finance > Banking and finance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Liverpool
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Liverpool
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions