Emma Mills > DLA Piper > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
DLA Piper Offices
ONE ST PETER'S SQUARE
- Go to...
Emma is a Legal Director in the employment team in the North West. Emma advises clients on contentious and non-contentious issues arising from all stages of the employment relationship across a range of sectors including technology, financial services, retail and manufacturing.
Emma regularly advises her clients on large-scale projects including restructures and redundancies, contract variations and outsourcing/insourcing arrangements with particular experience of international projects having spent time on secondment with an multi-national technology company based in the United States.
Emma also has significant litigation experience representing her clients in Employment Tribunal disputes as well as High Court litigation.
Employment Lawyers Association, Manchester Law Society Employment Law Committee
University of Manchester (2000, English Law and French Law LLB Hons); College of Law (2001, Legal Practice Course, Distinction).
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Led by Alan Chalmers, DLA Piper UK LLP‘s caseload is heavily dominated by international work spanning multiple jurisdictions. The team routinely advises prominent local, national and international businesses, while also handling complex and high value Employment Tribunal and High Court cases, particularly relating to discrimination and whistleblowing claims. Other areas of expertise include industrial relations and TUPE issues, both in the private and public sectors. The department operates in sectors such as manufacturing, chemicals and food and drink. Legal directors Helen Hall and Emma Mills are key members of the team, while senior associate George Nicholson is recommended.
- Employment - North West > Human resources
- Next Generation Partners - North West > Human resources > Employment
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Liverpool
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Liverpool
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Liverpool
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Human resources > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- Human resources > Pensions
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Project finance and PFI