Mr Lee Brierley > DLA Piper > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
DLA Piper Offices
ONE ST PETER'S SQUARE
- Go to...
Mr Lee Brierley
Please see https://www.dlapiper.com/en/uk/people/b/brierley-lee/ for further information.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
DLA Piper‘s team works with clients across a broad spectrum of industries including the financial services, manufacturing and industrial sectors. Its expertise is notably wide-reaching, encompassing cloud computing, IT outsourcing and insourcing, ERP/CRM procurements and systems integration. Sarah Bell leads the regional practice which also demonstrates prowess in respect of payment and fintech matters, project management, data protection and privacy compliance. Lee Brierley is a star name for IT outsourcing and procurement while Stephen Wright frequently acts for public sector clients. Niche expertise is also held in relation to agile procurements and smart ticketing projects.
‘Pragmatic and commercially focused’, DLA Piper‘s team is jointly led by private equity expert James Kerrigan and Lee Brierley, a ‘fantastic lawyer and negotiator’, whose practice is geared towards complex commercial projects. Andrew Phillips is another name to note on the private equity front, while Yunus Maka and Jonathan Watkins are transactional specialists, handling a range of domestic and international deals. Senior associate David Booth is recommended for a broad array of commercial contracts, notably leading the firm’s local manufacturing department and co-heading its UK franchising practice. Though active in a variety of industries, the team has recently made a conscious effort to grow its payments and fintech sector offering.
At DLA Piper, department co-heads Lee Brierley and Peter Brook specialise in a broad range of non-contentious IP work; examples include brand acquisitions and licensing, technology partnering, licensing and manufacturing agreements, protection and exploitation. The team also handles business-critical IP disputes and is particularly knowledgeable of the retail, consumer, manufacturing, industrial and life sciences sectors. Senior associate Jim McDonnell is a dedicated IP lawyer who leads on a number of the team’s key matters.
- Corporate and commercial: Manchester - North West > Corporate and commercial
- IT and telecoms - North West > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- Leading individuals - North West > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Leading individuals - North West > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Intellectual property - North West > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Liverpool
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Liverpool
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Project finance and PFI