James Kerrigan > DLA Piper > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
DLA Piper Offices
ONE ST PETER'S SQUARE
- Go to...
James Kerrigan is an M&A and private equity specialist based in Manchester. He also heads up the corporate team in the Manchester office, acting for many of the region’s most prominent corporates and PE houses: acted for LDC on the £83m secondary buyout of Synexus Clinical Research from Lyceum; acted for Flowtech Fluidpower plc on its AIM IPO; acted for Gresham Private Equity and Management on the secondary buyout of James Grant Group by Metric Capital; acted for Ansaldo Energia SpA on its acquisition of Nuclear Engineering Group from LDC; acted for Conviviality Retail plc on its AIM IPO.
Trained S J Berwin & Co, London; qualified 1994; joined DLA Piper in 1995 and became a partner in 2001.
Lancaster University and Limburg University, (1990 LLB (hons)); York Law College (1991).
Sport and family.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
DLA Piper UK LLP handles sales and acquisitions, private equity transactions, MBOs and various commercial matters for local, national and international private companies, public companies, private equity houses, entrepreneurs and global corporate organisations from its Manchester office. Key client sectors include industrial, Fintech, retail, and food and beverage. Lee Brierley and James Kerrigan head the team. Other key partners include Jonathan Watkins, Yunus Maka and Andrew Phillips who recently joined from Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP. Senior associate David Booth is also recommended.
DLA Piper UK LLP ‘s Liverpool corporate team acts for major UK and international corporates, as well as local clients including football clubs and government bodies, on corporate and commercial joint ventures, international collaborations, private equity based transactions and public sector outsourcing. The firm is able to leverage its network of regional and international offices as it works on matters including M&A, management buyouts (MBOs) and group restructurings. Sarah Bell and Manchester-based James Kerrigan head the team with support from commercial expert Peter Brook. Senior associate Paddy Dwyer is also recommended.
- Corporate and commercial: Liverpool - North West > Corporate and commercial
- Corporate and commercial: Manchester - North West > Corporate and commercial
- Leading individuals - North West > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Liverpool
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Liverpool
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Liverpool
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Human resources > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- Human resources > Pensions
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Project finance and PFI