Mr Liam Cowell > DLA Piper > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
DLA Piper Offices
ONE ST PETER'S SQUARE
- Go to...
Mr Liam Cowell
Please see https://www.dlapiper.com/en/uk/people/c/cowell-liam/ for further information.
The ‘knowledgeable and insightful’ transport team at DLA Piper focuses on transport development and advising on rail, motorway, bus, tram and metro infrastructure. The practice also handles construction claims within the sector, as well as asset finance, IT procurement, smart ticketing, outsourcing and PFI/PPP disputes. Liam Cowell heads the team and has significant experience of project finance transactions.
DLA Piper supports local government clients across a range of practice areas, handling corporate and commercial projects, planning, outsourcing, real estate, pensions and litigation. The team offers guidance on large-scale procurements, joint ventures and other commercial collaborations, as well as complex planning issues. Sarah Bell, who has extensive experience in commercial projects and joint ventures, jointly leads the group with UK managing partner Liam Cowell, who specialises in infrastructure and project financed transactions. Gemma Cowap focuses on local authority commercial trading projects and public sector outsourcings.
The team at DLA Piper has ‘delivered an excellent, knowledgeable and insightful service over many years’. Andrew Davies, acclaimed for his ‘calm, pragmatic and commercial’ style, heads the team which has a proven track record on national and international projects and continues to support public sector clients on complex regulated procurements. The ‘always available’ Liam Cowell prides himself on his ability to successfully close infrastructure market deals, while at the junior end, the ‘excellent’ Ben Morton and Lorna Pattison represents sponsors, funders and procuring authorities in relation to both energy and infrastructure projects.
- Leading individuals - North West > Projects, energy and natural resources > Project finance and PFI
- Project finance and PFI - North West > Projects, energy and natural resources
- Transport - North West
- Local government - North West > Public sector
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Liverpool
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Liverpool
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Project finance and PFI