Liam Cowell > DLA Piper > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
DLA Piper Offices
ONE ST PETER'S SQUARE
- Go to...
Please see https://www.dlapiper.com/en/uk/people/c/cowell-liam/ for further information.
DLA Piper advises local government clients on a broad range of issues, including planning, outsourcing, projects and pensions. It has a notably strong record in regeneration projects. Sarah Bell is experienced in assisting clients with commercial projects, procurement and joint ventures. She jointly leads the team with Liam Cowell, who specialises in infrastructure and project finance transactions. Up-and-coming partner Gemma Cowap focuses on local authority commercial trading projects and strategic partnerships.
DLA Piper advises across a diverse range of major infrastructure, energy, and transport projects, including leading involvement in the Welsh A465 road development, which closed in 2020. The team is noted for its innovative approach to tenders and contracts, and works on a national and international basis from Manchester. Andrew S. Davies leads the team, and has a strong record in energy sector work, including waste-to-energy and nuclear developments. Liam Cowell and Lorna Pattison specialise in transport and infrastructure work respectively. Meanwhile director Ben Morton acts for funders, sponsors, and local authorities on major energy and transport infrastructure projects. Associates Lauren Fisher and Hayley Mason are credited with key roles on a number of projects, most notably the A465 development.
DLA Piper is heavily involved in transport and infrastructure projects, with its multidisciplinary team acting for public and private sector clients on matters related to air, rail, road and shipping transportation. The practice has a strong record in construction claims and PFI/PPP disputes. In addition, other areas of activity concern asset finance, IT procurement, outsourcing and smart ticketing. Team head Liam Cowell concentrates on infrastructure and project finance transactions, and has extensive experience of handling complex and innovative projects. David Moss is now a consultant.
- Energy, project finance and PFI - North West > Projects, energy and natural resources
- Leading individuals - North West > Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Transport - North West
- Local government - North West > Public sector
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Liverpool
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Liverpool
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions