Mr Liam Cowell > DLA Piper > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
DLA Piper Offices
ONE ST PETER'S SQUARE
- Go to...
Mr Liam Cowell
Please see https://www.dlapiper.com/en/uk/people/c/cowell-liam/ for further information.
The infrastructure group at DLA Piper is well positioned in the market, assisting public and private sector clients with various matters. It has a particularly strong PPP practice, advising on closed PPP deals, as well as on the sale of infrastructure assets and refinancings. Head of the international projects group, Colin Wilson, knows the transport, defence and health sectors well. In Manchester, Liam Cowell is increasingly involved in deals in the social infrastructure and waste area, while Alison Fagan is a key contact in contentious matters. The practice was bolstered by the arrival of corporate expert Martin Nelson-Jones from Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP in September 2018.(Leading individuals)
DLA Piper UK LLP ‘s projects, energy and infrastructure team handles a raft of local, national and international projects. It stands out for its expertise in transport, health, education, energy, nuclear, waste and water sector projects and it is engaged by sponsors, funders and procuring authorities. PPP and PFI projects and disputes are also a key area of expertise. Team head Andrew S. Davies stands out for his waste and water sector expertise, while Liam Cowell regularly handles infrastructure projects. Legal directors Ben Morton and Sidrah Arif, who is experienced in project finance transactions, are also noted, as is senior associate Lorna Pattison.
DLA Piper UK LLP specialises in advising on major transport infrastructure projects, including motorways, railways and airports, among others. The firm’s practice has expertise in transport disputes, while also dealing with aircraft, shipping and super-yacht finance; equipment finance and leasing and smart ticketing. UK managing partner Liam Cowell heads the team and focuses on infrastructure and project finance transactions.
DLA Piper UK LLP is ‘very dedicated and the team is quick to understand issues at hand‘. It advises its local government clients across the UK on a range of matters such as corporate and commercial projects, planning, outsourcing; real estate; projects; pensions; and disputes. Peter Brook is experienced in large scale outsourcing transactions, legal director Sophie Stewart handles planning, highways and compulsory purchase matters. Legal director Gemma Cowap handles commercial matters, while Sarah Bell and Liam Cowell, who is ‘always available‘, jointly head the team.
- Leading individuals - North West > Projects, energy and natural resources > Project finance and PFI
- Local government - North West > Public sector
- Project finance and PFI - North West > Projects, energy and natural resources
- Transport - North West
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Liverpool
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Liverpool
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Liverpool
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Human resources > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- Human resources > Pensions
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Project finance and PFI