Mr Paul Giles > DLA Piper > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
DLA Piper Offices
ONE ST PETER'S SQUARE
- Go to...
Mr Paul Giles
Lit & RegConstruction, Engineering and Infrastructure Disputes
Please see https://www.dlapiper.com/en/uk/people/g/giles-paul/ for further information.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The construction practice of DLA Piper is ‘exceptionally strong on PFI and projects.’ Alison Fagan is a contentious lawyer who has notable expertise in PPP/PFI. The ‘excellent’ Paul Giles, who leads the team, also acts for clients in construction disputes, with notable expertise in those relating to energy, utilities and infrastructure. Giles is also noted for his international experience, which includes representing clients in Russia and Spain. Legal director Robin Jack is active in matters with a nexus to the transport and education sectors. David Moss practises as a consultant.
DLA Piper‘s multifaceted team has a strong depth of litigation and international arbitration experience, covering contentious matters relating o real estate development, UK infrastructure projects and overseas work. Sector expertise includes conventional and renewable energy, process engineering and heavy industry. Paul Giles leads the team and is experienced in all forms of dispute resolution, handling weighty matters concerning infrastructure projects both in the UK and internationally. He has been joined by Bob Maynard and Caroline Pope, who came on board from Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP in May 2020. Combined, they bring decades of experience of handling major contentious matters. Anna Mills represents major contractors in the international sphere.
- Leading individuals - North West > Real estate > Construction
- Construction - North West > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Liverpool
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Liverpool
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Project finance and PFI