Sarah Bell > DLA Piper > Liverpool, England > Lawyer Profile
DLA Piper Offices
- Go to...
Please see https://www.dlapiper.com/en/uk/people/b/bell-sarah/ for further information.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
DLA Piper supports local government clients across a range of practice areas, handling corporate and commercial projects, planning, outsourcing, real estate, pensions and litigation. The team offers guidance on large-scale procurements, joint ventures and other commercial collaborations, as well as complex planning issues. Sarah Bell, who has extensive experience in commercial projects and joint ventures, jointly leads the group with UK managing partner Liam Cowell, who specialises in infrastructure and project financed transactions. Gemma Cowap focuses on local authority commercial trading projects and public sector outsourcings.
DLA Piper‘s team works with clients across a broad spectrum of industries including the financial services, manufacturing and industrial sectors. Its expertise is notably wide-reaching, encompassing cloud computing, IT outsourcing and insourcing, ERP/CRM procurements and systems integration. Sarah Bell leads the regional practice which also demonstrates prowess in respect of payment and fintech matters, project management, data protection and privacy compliance. Lee Brierley is a star name for IT outsourcing and procurement while Stephen Wright frequently acts for public sector clients. Niche expertise is also held in relation to agile procurements and smart ticketing projects.
Home to ‘a large team with vast experience’, the DLA Piper practice represents a number of UK government entities in addition to clients from the retail, consumer goods, manufacturing and logistics sectors. James Kerrigan jointly heads the department alongside Sarah Bell, whose expertise includes joint ventures, outsourcing and commercial transactions. Peter Brook and Paddy Dwyer are ‘great at thinking outside the box’, handling commercial contracts matters such as supply, agency, distribution and franchising agreements. The caseload is further distinguished via the number of cross-border instructions with clients noting that the regional practice ‘partners well with other DLA teams in the UK and internationally.’
- Corporate and commercial: Liverpool - North West > Corporate and commercial
- IT and telecoms - North West > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- Leading individuals - North West > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Liverpool
- Leading individuals - North West > Public sector > Local government
- Leading individuals - North West > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Local government - North West > Public sector
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Liverpool
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Liverpool
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Project finance and PFI