Mr Michaël Heene > DLA Piper > Antwerp, Belgium > Lawyer Profile
DLA Piper Offices
- Go to...
Mr Michaël Heene
Please see https://www.dlapiper.com/en/uk/people/h/heene-michael/ for further information.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
DLA Piper covers the full range of private equity life-cycle matters, including fund formation, venture capital investments, buy-outs and exits, and associated tax and regulatory issues. Clients include private equity and venture capital funds, portfolio companies, and growth companies seeking venture capital investment, with the firm able to service domestic and cross-border clients and transactions. Leaders within the practice include Caroline Daout, Erwin Simons, Koen Selleslags, and Michaël Heene, with Pierre Berger also a key player in fund formation and regulatory issues.
DLA Piper advises domestic and international clients on M&A, joint ventures, private equity investments, and broad corporate governance and compliance issues. The firm is also active in commercial contracting and litigation, handling sensitive negotiations and disputes. Sector focuses include financial services and pharma, with a number of multinational players among the team’s clients. The practice is headed by Caroline Daout, with Erwin Simons and Koen Selleslags also key contributors, alongside Michaël Heene, who continues to develop his profile within the market.
DLA Piper advises established banks, insurers, and investment funds, alongside start-ups, challenger banks, and alternative payment providers on a wide range of financial services regulatory, transactional, and corporate issues, with integrated cross-border and sector expertise. The firm has advised on insurance and fintech products, payment platforms, and cryptocurrency assets, enjoying strong relations with the Belgian regulators. Pierre Berger leads the team, and is an expert in financial services and insurance regulatory issues, advising on a wide range of global issues. Michaël Heene regularly advises on fintech transactions.
- Fintech - Belgium
- Next Generation Partners - Belgium > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Next Generation Partners - Belgium > Private equity
- Commercial, corporate and M&A - Belgium
- Private equity - Belgium
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- EU regulatory: Information technology
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: IT and telecoms
- Industry focus: Retail
- Insolvency and restructuring
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- EU regulatory: Financial services
- EU regulatory: Food
- EU regulatory: Privacy and data protection
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: Energy
- Real estate and construction
- Banking, finance and capital markets
- Dispute resolution
- Industry focus: Healthcare and life sciences
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Industry focus: Transport
- Intellectual property
- Private equity
- Competition: EU and global