Mr Gunne Bähr > DLA Piper > Cologne, Germany > Lawyer Profile
DLA Piper Offices
- Go to...
Mr Gunne Bähr
Please see https://www.dlapiper.com/en/uk/people/b/baehr-gunne-w/ for further information.
DLA Piper advises DAX30 companies and international corporations on compliance management systems, due diligence and corporate governance, among others. Clients also benefit from the merger with the Boston Consulting Group, as well as the white-collar crime expertise demonstrated by practice head and criminal lawyer Christian Schoop. Emanuel Ballo and senior counsel Jürgen Taschke also handle criminal law matters and assist with compliance issues and internal investigations. The group frequently acts at the interface with insurance supervisory law, banking supervisory law, corporate law, employment law as well as public law. The insurance lawyer Gunne Bähr, Ludger Giesberts, who covers regulatory matters and has expertise in environmental and product law, and Kerstin Schnabel (capital markets compliance and corporate governance) are other key contacts.
Regulatory issues are at the heart of DLA Piper‘s insurance advice; other core competences include portfolio transfers in the run-off sphere, compliance, transactions and corporate issues. The team is led by Ludger Giesberts and most recently saw an increase in advising reinsurers, particularly on issues pertaining to pandemic-related business closure insurance. Gunne Bähr maintains good contacts with the Federal Financial Supervisory Authority and assists clients with governance issues, distribution matters and insurtech. In addition to dispute resolution, Christian Schneider is also well versed in advisory insurance law matters, including product development and structuring of insurance solutions. Jan Eltzschig and counsel Heike Schmitz joined Herbert Smith Freehills LLP in October 2021.
In the insurance litigation sphere, DLA Piper impresses with a special focus on D&O insurance; here, the group advises and represents board members and managing directors of national and international companies in claim proceedings. Led by Ludger Giesberts, the team is also instructed by insurers and has expertise in product liability, financial lines, Covid-19 issues and at the interface to insolvency law. Thomas Gädtke has special expertise in D&O and product liability and, as a proven arbitration specialist, acts before ordinary courts and arbitral tribunals. In addition to compliance and management cases, Gunne Bähr‘s increasingly represents clients before the Federal Financial Supervisory Authority. Christian Schneider is also experienced in technical, construction and property insurance as well as in the settlement of liability claims. Insolvency disputes, particularly on behalf of insurers and banks, are covered by counsel David Buntenbroich.
- Leading individuals - Germany > Insurance > Advice to insurers
- Advice to insurers - Germany > Insurance
- Compliance - Germany > Compliance
- Insurance litigation - Germany > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- White-collar crime > Advice to companies
- Information technology > Data protection
- Information technology > IT transactions and outsourcing
- Media > Press and publishing
- Intellectual property > Unfair competition
- Insurance > Advice to insurers
- Transport > Advice to the transport sector
- Compliance > Compliance
- Corporate and M&A > Corporate
- Media > Entertainment
- Information technology > Information technology and digitalisation
- Insurance > Insurance litigation
- Real estate and construction > Real estate
- Banking and finance > Real estate finance
- Dispute resolution > Arbitration (including international arbitration)
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Industry focus > Energy
- Trade and distribution > Foreign trade law
- Compliance > Internal investigations
- Corporate and M&A > M&A: mid-sized deals (sub-€500m)
- Intellectual property > Patent litigation
- Restructuring and insolvency > Restructuring
- Trade and distribution > Trade, distribution and logistics
- Public sector > Planning and environment
- Intellectual property > Trade marks
- Public sector > Public procurement
- Private equity > Transactions
- Capital markets > Equity capital markets