Léon Korsten > DLA Piper > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
DLA Piper Offices
1081 JJ AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Netherlands > Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
At DLA Piper, practice head Léon Korsten is ‘calm and calculated’, He successfully represented the ‘Baak’ consortium, consisting of Deme Concessions Infrastructure, Ballast Nedam Concessies and Macquarie Corporate Holdings, in litigation concerning the grant of a major infrastructure project. Counsels Janet Meesters and Arjen de Snoo were new arrivals from Houthoff. Michiel Coenraads has been promoted to partner.
Netherlands > Environment and planning
DLA Piper‘s ‘broad band of specialties‘ is highlighted as one of its strengths; the team works collaboratively with the real estate, corporate and project finance departments. The group is led by Léon Korsten and has been boosted with the arrival of ‘proactive‘ legal director Arjen de Snoo from Houthoff who ‘will always be recommended for environment and planning-related topics‘. Acting with their colleagues in Belgium, the Amsterdam-based team advised the DEME Group on matters of planning and environment including flood risk and soil structures in relation to a construction.
Netherlands > EU and competition
DLA Piper‘s competition practice, which is led by Léon Korsten, is defending Uralita in cartel damages litigation brought against it and three other companies by litigation funder CDC. Legal director Martijn van Wanroij and senior associate Sophie Gillam are also singled out. Janet Meesters joined as a legal director from Houthoff in June 2018.
Netherlands > Industry focus: telecoms
DLA Piper can deliver comprehensive capabilities to its telecoms clients, including IP, outsourcing, corporate and litigation expertise combined with its cross border reach. It counts the likes of Vodafone-Ziggo, Lebara, Alcatel-Lucent and EchoStar Mobile as clients and assisted Irdeto negotiate a master framework agreement with KPN for the supply of Irdeto’s conditional access technology for KPN’s digital terrestrial broadcasting services in the Netherlands and for the hosting Irdeto’s OTT services for KPN second screen services. Joris Willems and Léon Korsten are the key contacts.
- Industry focus: telecoms - Netherlands
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation - Netherlands
- Environment and planning - Netherlands
- EU and competition - Netherlands
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: telecoms
- Real estate
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Environment and planning
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Intellectual property: Patents
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Energy: transactional
- EU and competition
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights
- Private equity