Mr Joris Willems > DLA Piper > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
DLA Piper Offices
1081 JJ AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Mr Joris Willems
Please see https://www.dlapiper.com/en/uk/people/w/willems-joris/ for further information.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The ‘highly effective‘ team at DLA Piper handles the full gamut of IT mandates and its expertise extends to fintech and data security issues. Much of its work is multi-jurisdictional, often involving the outsourcing or migration of IT systems. Joris Willems is a ‘hard core IT specialist with an impressive clientele’, which includes Atos, beIN Sports and the Dutch Central Bank. Richard van Schaik is a name to note for his experience across IT, especially data protection and media-related work. Legal director Khaled Dadi is also ‘highly recommended‘ for advisory and contentious matters.
The team at DLA Piper has particular expertise acting on matters which are at ‘the intersection of media and technology‘. The practice provides advice on data protection matters to a number of clients in the field of digital and personalised advertising, including Interactive Advertising Bureau Nederland. Another area of strength for the firm is within the sports sector. The team assists leagues, clubs, agencies, event promoters, and sponsors with matters ranging from stadium and arena development to staging and exploiting live sports. Joris Willems, noted for his ‘strong commercial sense‘, heads the practice jointly with Richard van Schaik.
The DLA Piper team provides a wide range of practice area expertise to its TMT clients, which also benefit from the firm’s global network of offices. Joris Willems, who is an IP and technology partner, leads the group and has broad TMT experience combined with IT and outsourcing expertise. The group advises on a range of issues including telephony, broadband, satellite and submarine cable mandates.
- Leading individuals - Netherlands > Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: Information technology - Netherlands
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment - Netherlands
- Industry focus: telecoms - Netherlands
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Real estate
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Environment and planning
- EU and competition
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Industry focus: telecoms
- Intellectual property: Patents
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Energy: transactional
- Private equity