Daphne Bens > DLA Piper > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
DLA Piper Offices
1081 JJ AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Netherlands > Commercial, corporate and M&a
DLA Piper draws praise for its ‘straightforward, agile, and commercial’ approach. Team head Daphne Bens, who also heads the technology group, attracts mandates from a range of US and European tech companies. Pieter Paul Terpstra is also highlighted, especially for his experience in the insurance and energy sectors; he advised Zurich Insurance Group on its investment in Digital Insurance Group. Richard Fens is another noted partner who assists clients in the chemical, energy, and technology industries.
Netherlands > Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
DLA Piper specialists offer expertise in IP, corporate tax, and employment as well as regulatory and biochemistry matters. Paul Reeskamp and Johan Renes advised Fresenius Kabi in a high-profile patent infringement case against Eli Lilly over a generic version of the latter’s Alimta drug, a matter that is being litigated globally. Daphne Bens is advising UK-based Dechra Pharmaceuticals on its acquisition of AST Farma and Le Vet, both based in the Netherlands.
Netherlands > Industry focus: Information technology
At DLA Piper, Joris Willems, data protection specialist Richard van Schaik, and M&A expert Daphne Bens are the key partners who advised a raft of clients including the Rijks Museum on data privacy compliance. The team is also advising ING Bank on a variety of IT and IT outsourcing matters such as a SaaS outsourcing to Aeos.
Netherlands > Private equity
At DLA Piper, Daphne Bens advised Accruent BC Holdings on its acquisition of BlueCielo, an engineering asset management services firm. Other clients include Rabo Investments and Temasek Capital Management. Casper Hamersma is another name to note.
- Industry focus: Information technology - Netherlands
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences - Netherlands
- Commercial, corporate and M&a - Netherlands
- Private equity - Netherlands
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: telecoms
- Real estate
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Environment and planning
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Intellectual property: Patents
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Energy: transactional
- EU and competition
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights
- Private equity