Mr Paul Reeskamp > DLA Piper > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
DLA Piper Offices
1081 JJ AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Mr Paul Reeskamp
Paul Reeskamp is a market leading IP litigator, with particular experience in patent litigation having acted on a number of high profile, cross-border disputes. Paul's clients include national Dutch companies as well as international blue chip companies in a wide range of industries including biotechnology, pharmaceutical, dredging and off shore, the financial sector as well as the fast moving consumer goods industries.
Netherlands > Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
DLA Piper specialists offer expertise in IP, corporate tax, and employment as well as regulatory and biochemistry matters. Paul Reeskamp and Johan Renes advised Fresenius Kabi in a high-profile patent infringement case against Eli Lilly over a generic version of the latter’s Alimta drug, a matter that is being litigated globally. Daphne Bens is advising UK-based Dechra Pharmaceuticals on its acquisition of AST Farma and Le Vet, both based in the Netherlands.
Netherlands > Intellectual property: Patents
DLA Piper excels in its offering of global IP services and ‘its teamwork combined with its European network‘ is a noted strength. The practice is representing Canadian company Smart Technologies in a patent infringement claim against Dutch company CTouch in respect of patents relating to interactive whiteboards. Experienced IP litigators Paul Reeskamp and Johan Renes are acting for MBH International and its Dutch distributor, Medical4You, against Coloplast before the Court of Appeal concerning a patent for a medical device. Legal director Alexander Tsoutsanis is a key team member.
Netherlands > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights
Paul Reeskamp heads the DLA Piper IP and technology practice in Amsterdam which benefits from the firm’s global reach. Niels Mulder, whose clients include Conair, Nike, Spin Master, and Five Guys, is representing Bacardi in coordinated litigation in numerous European jurisdictions concerning parallel or wrongly exported goods. The team also handles anti-counterfeiting work for brands including Polo/Ralph Lauren.
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences - Netherlands
- Intellectual property: Patents - Netherlands
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights - Netherlands
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: telecoms
- Real estate
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Environment and planning
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Intellectual property: Patents
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Energy: transactional
- EU and competition
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights
- Private equity