Pieter Paul Terpstra > DLA Piper > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
DLA Piper Offices
1081 JJ AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Pieter Paul Terpstra
Please see https://www.dlapiper.com/en/uk/people/t/terpstra-pieterpaul/ for further information.
The multidisciplinary cross-border practice at DLA Piper handles a range of domestic and international media, sport and entertainment matters. It leverages strengths across the key related areas of intellectual property, technology, corporate, tax, litigation, regulatory, finance, projects, restructuring and employment. Sports is a key sector of expertise for the practice; it advises leagues, clubs, franchise owners, broadcasters, advertisers, international and national governing in the space. Richard van Schaik specialises in TMT, with an emphasis on media, entertainment and data protection matters. He co-heads the team with Pieter Paul Terpstra.
DLA Piper is home to one of the market’s most active global M&A practices; its offering in Amsterdam is characterised by a focus on mid-market merger, acquisition and divestment transactions, including those with a cross-border or multidisciplinary component. Practice head Daphne Bens is an expert in the technology sector and has been directly instructed by several Silicon Valley-based players. Elsewhere, Henk Arnold Sijnja is the key contact for deals in the life sciences and financial services fields and Richard Fens is recognised for his work within the energy and chemical industries. Up-and-coming partner Pieter Paul Terpstra is also a key member of the team and is noted for his ‘no-nonsense commercial approach.’
The energy and natural resources group at DLA Piper focuses on the renewables’ market, establishing multidisciplinary teams to handle the finance, corporate, real estate, regulatory and contentious aspects of energy deals. Particularly strong in project finance, the team is led by Gerard Kneppers and Pieter Paul Terpstra.
- Next Generation Partners - Netherlands > Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Commercial, corporate and M&a - Netherlands
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment - Netherlands
- Energy: transactional - Netherlands
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Real estate
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Environment and planning
- EU and competition
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Industry focus: retail
- Intellectual property: Patents
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights
- Project finance and PFI
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Energy: transactional
- Private equity