Chris Guy > Mills Selig > Belfast, Northern Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Mills Selig Offices
21 ARTHUR STREET
- Go to...
Corporate; private equity and venture capital; commercial; banking and finance; partnerships.
Chris is head of the corporate team. He joined Mills Selig in 2000 and has also been a member of the private equity team of leading Australian law firm Clayton Utz in Sydney, working on large private equity transactions. Chris specialises in acquisitions, MBOs/MBIs, mergers and venture capital transactions. He also has significant experience in other corporate matters such as shareholder arrangements, joint ventures and corporate restructuring. Chris is a visiting lecturer in company law at the institute for professional legal studies. Recent highlights include: advising the partners of Hughes Insurance on the sale of the Hughes Insurance business, Northern Ireland’s largest independent insurance broker, to US firm Liberty Insurance; advising the shareholders of O’Kane Poultry Limited on the sale of the entire share capital of the company to Moy Park Limited; advising Natural World Products Limited, one of the largest waste processors in Ireland, on various corporate restructurings; and advising iCon Infrastructure on the NI aspects of its acquisition of Firmus Energy.
Joined Mills Selig in 2000; admitted as solicitor in 2002; Australia from October 2006 to October 2007; rejoined Mills Selig in November 2007.
Company and Commercial Lawyers Group Northern Ireland.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Mills Selig has longstanding experience advising on IPOs, and acts for one of the few Northern Irish plcs. The team handles complex, high-value transactions for a number of technology, waste management and energy companies. Chris Guy, who ‘has a very good reputation, especially for corporate finance‘, leads the practice. Senior associate Glenn Watterson is noted for his energy expertise. Kathryn Walls moved to an in-house role.
Mills Selig acts for some of Northern Ireland’s leading businesses and technology advisory groups, as well as investors into the local technology sector; it also advises domestic technology start-ups on matters such as early-stage investment. The team also advises on M&A transactions in the technology sector and software licensing and related matters. Following the departure of Kathryn Walls to an in-house role, the team is led by litigator Emma Hunt, who specialises in social media law, and head of corporate Chris Guy.
- Leading individuals - Northern Ireland > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and M&A
- Corporate and M&A - Northern Ireland > Corporate and commercial
- IT and telecoms - Northern Ireland > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Human resources > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms