Anna-Marie McAlinden > Mills Selig > Belfast, Northern Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Mills Selig Offices
21 ARTHUR STREET
- Go to...
Property / Head of Climate & Energy
Anna-Marie is a partner in the Commercial Property team, with extensive experience of all aspects of commercial property transactions. Her clients cover the spectrum of commercial, residential and mixed-use developers, public sector bodies, institutional banks, investment funds and private investors.
Additionally, Anna-Marie leads the Climate and Energy team in Mills Selig acting on matters including brownfield remediation, wind farms, solar, hydro and AD developments, as well as environmental and planning due diligence.
Anna-Marie is qualified and regularly acts in three jurisdictions being Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland and England & Wales. She is a member of the Law Society’s Climate Justice Group and is on the board of Northern Ireland’s Women in Property Group.
- acted on the acquisition of a mixed-use 90,000 square foot residential, retail and commercial development at Lisburn Square
- acted on the sale of a portfolio of over 30 wind farm companies
- acted on the acquisition of several hotels and cinemas
- act for one of Northern Ireland’s harbour authorities
- acted on the acquisition of and subsequent management of several shopping centres
- acted for a London based specialist manager of secure income real assets on its acquisition of a 61.5MW solar portfolio, comprising 17 solar farms located across the UK (including extension and expansion rights)
What they say
“She quickly grasps the client’s requirements and provides commercial solutions”
“It’s been a very positive experience working with Anna-Marie and I would recommend her to others without hesitation”
“Anna-Marie McAlinden and Glenn Watterson are stand out, amongst a standout team”
Law Society of Northern Ireland; Law Society of England & Wales; Northern Ireland Commercial Property Lawyers Association (NICPLA); Environmental and Planning Law Association for Northern Ireland (EPLANI).
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Mills Selig acts across the RoI and the UK in a wide range of sectors, including telecommunications, leisure, and hospitality, with particularly high-value work in the energy sector. Anne Skeggs, who is praised for her ‘clear experience and commercial approach‘ leads the department, and has a particular specialism in property finance. Anna-Marie McAlinden, who has over 16 years’ experience in the field, handles significant acquisitions, lettings and disposals for high-profile clients in addition to heading the firm’s climate & energy department.
Mills Selig acts on investments, acquisitions and disposals and is primarily active within the wind energy market. Anna-Marie McAlinden co-leads the team with Glenn Watterson. McAlinden has experience in all areas of renewable energy and has acted for both local and national clients. Watterson is the key contact for corporate matters in addition to advising on contractual and commercial issues. Associate Emma McCloskey plays a key support role.
- Next Generation Partners - Northern Ireland > Real estate > Commercial property
- Commercial property - Northern Ireland > Real estate
- Energy, project finance and PFI - Northern Ireland > Projects, energy and natural resources
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Construction
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery