Patrick Fleming > Cleaver Fulton Rankin > Belfast, Northern Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Cleaver Fulton Rankin Offices
50 BEDFORD STREET
- Go to...
Dispute resolution, banking litigation, construction, procurement and projects.
Patrick is a director and head of the commercial litigation department. He currently advises many leading financial institutions on pursuit of claims of professional negligence. He specialises in construction law and has represented many clients in all forms of dispute resolution including Arbitration, Adjudication, Mediation and High Court Litigation. He also practices in the area of non-contentious construction law.
Trained Cleaver Fulton Rankin; qualified 1999; partner in present firm 2006. Publications of note: Patrick has published several articles on a variety of legal issues on the local press and trade magazines.
Law Society of Northern Ireland and Society of Construction Law.
Queen’s University Belfast (1997, LLB joint honours Law and Accounting); Queen’s University Belfast (1999 Certificate in Professional Legal Studies).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Cleaver Fulton Rankin runs the gamut of contentious and non-contentious construction work, but is particularly known for representing public bodies including regional colleges and the Northern Ireland Housing Executive. Patrick Fleming is described as‘the best construction lawyer in NI’ whose ‘knowledge of construction contracts is unsurpassed’. Lisa Boyd adds another dimension to the practice with her joint expertise in both construction and procurement matters. Aaron Moore is particularly strong in professional negligence disputes, most notably in dilapidation claims.
Cleaver Fulton Rankin excels in real estate and construction disputes, fielding a team of strong litigators, adjudicators and mediators. Practice head Patrick Fleming focuses on construction and procurement disputes, counting the Northern Ireland Housing Executive as a key client. Managing director Jonathan Forrester is also adept at construction litigation, and has carved an additional niche in representing charities and social enterprises, often working alongside fellow construction disputes specialist Lisa Boyd. Also highly recommended is insolvency expert Jeanette Donohoe who has represented financial institutions including HSBC, Bank of Ireland and Danske Bank.
- Construction - Northern Ireland > Real estate
- Dispute resolution - Northern Ireland
- Leading individuals - Northern Ireland > Dispute resolution
- Leading individuals - Northern Ireland > Real estate > Construction
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Dispute resolution
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and M&A
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant