Mr Grant McBurney > Carson McDowell > Belfast, Northern Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Carson McDowell Offices
- Go to...
Mr Grant McBurney
Planning and Environment
Partner. Grant advises on planning and environmental matters with an emphasis on waste and contaminated land matters, renewable energy projects as well as providing planning and environmental due diligence support to the corporate team within the form. He also provides planning law advice to one of the new local planning authorities in Northern Ireland. Recent highlights have included a successful appeal of a noise abatement notice served upon a client and assistance in the acquisition of planning permission for Dunluce Visitor Centre on appeal. Types of work undertaken include: the co-ordination of major planning applications for commercial clients; representation of clients at planning and enforcement appeals; instigation/defence of judical reviews of planning decisions.
Trained at Carson McDowell LLP; qualified 2007; Assistant Solicitor 2007-2013; Associate Solicitor 2013 to date.
Committee Member of EPLANI (Environmental and Planning Law Association for Northern Ireland); Member of UKELA
Queens University of Belfast (2004 LLB Law)
Golf, Rugby Football and Travel
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Carson McDowell has ‘unrivalled strength in providing planning and environment advice in NI’, and the team is described as having ‘set itself apart in the planning litigation sphere’. Practice head Gary McGhee has a primary focus on planning and environmental law, with extensive experience in planning applications, appeals and inquiries. Grant McBurney is another key name and is particularly strong in on waste and contaminated land matters. Associate Sarah Dunlop is also highly recommended.
- Next Generation Partners - Northern Ireland > Real estate > Planning and environment
- Planning and environment - Northern Ireland > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment