Gerard Armstrong > Carson McDowell > Belfast, Northern Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Carson McDowell Offices
- Go to...
Corporate finance, corporate and commercial, project finance.
Gerard is a member of Carson McDowell’s corporate and projects teams. A partner in the firm’s corporate finance department, Gerard has experience of acting for some of Northern Ireland’s most commercially sophisticated companies in relation to corporate sales and acquisitions, as well as advising on a wide range of commercial arrangements and ventures. As an integral member of the projects unit, Gerard has extensive experience of advising clients in relation to a number of schemes and projects, including PPP, PFI, DBFO and DBFOM projects and refinancing projects, having advised funders, public bodies and the private sector in relation to a number of projects which have successfully been negotiated through to financial close and beyond. In addition, Gerard has advised a number of clients in relation to non-PFI projects including windfarm projects and energy from waste developments.
Trained Carson McDowell, qualified 2003; appointed associate 2007; partner 2012 to date.
Law Society of Northern Ireland.
St Mary’s Christian Brothers Grammar School, Belfast; Queen’s University of Belfast (2001 LLB (Hons) First Class); Institute of Professional Legal Studies (2003 (Distinction)).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Carson McDowell has a diverse offering and particularly stands out for its expertise in advising private equity houses on energy investments; it assisted Brookfield Renewables with its investments in Northern Ireland. Other core areas of focus for the group span wind energy work, natural gas mandates and electricity regulations. The team is led by Neasa Quigley, who is an expert in corporate energy deals. Corporate partner Gerard Armstrong is also active in this area, along with planning specialist Gary McGhee, financing expert Sinead McGrath, as well as property experts Emma Cooper and Dawson McConkey.
As a leading Belfast firm, Carson McDowell has longstanding experience in the manufacturing sector and is also becoming a key name in Northern Ireland’s emerging tech sector. Richard Gray heads up the ‘very professional’ team and is highly skilled in M&A, corporate finance and competition work. Senior partner Neasa Quigley is a respected name for private equity work, with a particular emphasis on technology and more specifically IT infrastructure. On the manufacturing side, Gerard Armstrong is active in the agri-foods sector, with additional strengths in the waste and construction sectors.
- Corporate and M&A - Northern Ireland > Corporate and commercial
- Energy, project finance and PFI - Northern Ireland > Projects, energy and natural resources
- Leading individuals - Northern Ireland > Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment