Gerard Armstrong > Carson McDowell > Belfast, Northern Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Carson McDowell Offices
- Go to...
Corporate finance, corporate and commercial, project finance.
Gerard is a member of Carson McDowell’s corporate and projects teams. A partner in the firm’s corporate finance department, Gerard has experience of acting for some of Northern Ireland’s most commercially sophisticated companies in relation to corporate sales and acquisitions, as well as advising on a wide range of commercial arrangements and ventures. As an integral member of the projects unit, Gerard has extensive experience of advising clients in relation to a number of schemes and projects, including PPP, PFI, DBFO and DBFOM projects and refinancing projects, having advised funders, public bodies and the private sector in relation to a number of projects which have successfully been negotiated through to financial close and beyond. In addition, Gerard has advised a number of clients in relation to non-PFI projects including windfarm projects and energy from waste developments.
Trained Carson McDowell, qualified 2003; appointed associate 2007; partner 2012 to date.
Law Society of Northern Ireland.
St Mary’s Christian Brothers Grammar School, Belfast; Queen’s University of Belfast (2001 LLB (Hons) First Class); Institute of Professional Legal Studies (2003 (Distinction)).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Carson McDowell regularly acts for funders on significant projects in Northern Ireland and throughout the UK, as well as in the Republic of Ireland. The team has been active in the energy sector, and has also advised on a range of infrastructure, education and healthcare sector transactions. Practice head Gerard Armstrong is noted for his expertise in large-scale infrastructure and PFI/PPP projects, while Neasa Quigley specialises in energy.
Carson McDowell has particular strength in traditional Northern Irish industries such as construction, real estate and manufacturing, as well as growing sector expertise in energy and technology and cybersecurity. The team acts for leading Northern Irish and international businesses. The ‘very good‘ Neasa Quigley, who specialises in energy and the knowledge economy, heads the team along with M&A and finance expert Richard Gray. Gerard Armstrong and managing partner Michael Johnston are also key contacts.
- Corporate and M&A - Northern Ireland > Corporate and commercial
- Leading individuals - Northern Ireland > Projects, energy and natural resources > Project finance and PFI
- Project finance and PFI - Northern Ireland > Projects, energy and natural resources
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Human resources > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment