Darren Toombs > Carson McDowell > Belfast, Northern Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Carson McDowell Offices
- Go to...
Commercial litigation/dispute resolution
Partner within the commercial litigation team. Darren heads up the firms debt recovery department, acting for a range of commercial clients ranging from banks and financial institutions, insolvency practitioners and commercial businesses. He also acts to enforce security and assists with asset recovery on regulated and unregulated agreements.
Trained solicitor 1998-2000; qualified 2000; Carson Mcdowell 2003, associate 2006, partner 2010 to date.
Law Society of Northern Ireland Council Member
Abbey CBS, Newry; QUB (1998 LLB Law and Accounting, 2000 IPLS).
Road cycling and racing.
Northern Ireland > Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
The team at Carson McDowell stands out for ‘the breadth of experience, the commitment of individual lawyers and the expertise across sectors‘. It advises major banks, insolvency practitioners and corporates on contentious and non-contentious matters, and has experience handling cross-jurisdictional insolvencies and personal insolvencies. ‘Strong insolvency practitioner‘ Darren Toombs leads the team jointly with the ‘technically very strong‘ Sinead McGrath. The team was bolstered by the appointment of two new associates.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Human resources > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment