Niall Skelton > Carson McDowell > Belfast, Northern Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Carson McDowell Offices
- Go to...
Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Associate Solicitor in the insurance litigation team. Niall represents insurers and clients in defence of employers’ liability and public liability claims. He has special interest in industrial deafness and disease claims. Niall also has extensive experience acting in defence of motor claims dealing with a variety of injuries from minor whiplash claims to high value catastrophic claims and fatal accident claims. Niall is a former Chairman of the litigation sub-committee of Belfast Solicitors’ Association.
Trained Murphy & O’Rawe Solicitors, Belfast, 1998 – 1990, qualified 1990; assistant solicitor Murphy & O’Rawe 1990-1992; assistant solicitor John McKee & Son 1992 –1997; senior solicitor Samuel D Crawford & Co / Caldwell Warner 1997-2013; senior solicitor McCloskeys 2013-2015; associate solicitor Carson McDowell [following merger of McCloskeys with Carson McDowell] 2015 – 2017; senior associate 2017 – to date.
Law Society of Northern Ireland and Law Society of Northern Ireland’s panel of accredited mediators.
Royal Belfast Academical Institution; Queen’s University Belfast [1988 LLB (Hons)]
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment