Rachel Penny > Carson McDowell > Belfast, Northern Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Carson McDowell Offices
- Go to...
Rachel is a partner in the highly regarded employment team at Carson McDowell. Although she practices a broad range of non-contentious and contentious employment law, Rachel’s particular expertise is in providing clients with advice on strategic and advisory employment law matters, including sensitive investigations, executive appointment and termination, outsourcing transactions (particularly those involving the public sector), large scale ‘change management’ and redundancy programmes. Rachel is also known for her work on transactional employment matters, particularly acquisitions involving TUPE and trade union issues.
Trained Linklaters; qualified 2000, joining employment team. Eversheds’ London office employment team 2001; Arthur Cox 2006; Carson McDowell 2009; partner 2013. Has dual qualification and practising certificates in Northern Ireland and England and Wales.
Law Society of Northern Ireland; Law Society of England and Wales; Employment Lawyers Group (NI); Employment Lawyers Association (GB).
Wellington College, Belfast; Trinity Hall, Cambridge University (1996 BA 2:1); College of Law York, Legal Practice Course (1997 distinction).
Northern Ireland > Human resources > EmploymentWithin: Leading individuals -
Carson McDowell‘s ‘excellent‘ team is noted for its ‘knowledge and availability‘. It acts for leading local, UK-wide and Republic of Ireland companies, advising on a wide range of contentious employment matters, as well as non-contentious and corporate employment law. ‘Outstanding‘ practice head Orlagh O’Neill specialises in contentious employment, with particular expertise in grievance and whistleblowing investigations, while Rachel Penny‘s areas of strength include TUPE and restructuring matters.
- Employment - Northern Ireland > Human resources
- Leading individuals - Northern Ireland > Human resources > Employment
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Human resources > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment