Stuart Nelson > Carson McDowell > Belfast, Northern Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Carson McDowell Offices
- Go to...
Stuart is an Associate with Carson McDowell LLP. Advises corporate, individual and institutional developers and investors on all property aspects of commercial property transactions and has considerable experience in acting on renewable developments in Northern Ireland. Regularly acts on the negotiation of initial land documentation and the acquisition, disposal and ongoing management of large real estate portfolios involving both commercial and residential properties. Stuart works closely with partners Dawson McConkey and Emma Cooper.
Trained at L’Estrange & Brett; Qualified as a Solicitor in 2010 and worked for subsequent successor firms McGrigors (2012) and Pinsent Masons (2013); joined Carson McDowell in 2015 and promoted to Associate in 2016.
Law Society of Northern Ireland; Northern Ireland Commercial Property Lawyer’s Association.
The Queens University of Belfast (2008 LLB Hons); The Institute of Professional Legal Studies (2010).
Keen interest in all sports and regularly plays football, golf and tag rugby. Is a regular road cyclist.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment