Laura Menary > Carson McDowell > Belfast, Northern Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Carson McDowell Offices
- Go to...
Laura is a senior associate within the healthcare team. Laura acts on behalf of a number of leading global insurers and medical defence organisations, to include Medical Protection Society and the Medical and Dental Union of Scotland. Primarily invloved in defending clinical negligence claims, Laura provides liability and quantum advice, advises on claim strategy and negotiates reduced settlements on behalf of her clients. Laura provides risk management advice to GP Surgeries, including complaints handling and patient confidentiality.
Trained Carson McDowell LLP, qualified 2006; Assistant Carson McDowell 2006-2012; Associate 2013 – 2019, Senior Associate 2019 – to date.
Law Society of Northern Ireland
Methodist College Belfast; University of Newcastle Upon Tyne LLB (Hons) (2004); Institute of Professional Legal Studies, Queens University Belfast (2006).
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment