Hugh McGrattan > Carson McDowell > Belfast, Northern Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Carson McDowell Offices
- Go to...
Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Hugh joined Carson McDowell in 2015 as partner and head of the firm’s professional indemnity team. Before that he was partner in another leading Belfast firm for over 20 years.
Hugh McGrattan graduated from Queens University Belfast and qualified as a solicitor in 1983
Often instructed in High Court litigation, Carson McDowell‘s highly diverse expertise in dispute resolution encompasses media defamation issues, professional indemnity claims, construction litigation, debt recovery work and contractual disputes. Declan Magee leads the practice and has notable experience in major media cases involving defamation elements and injunctions; he has also been active in criminal cases involving public bodies. Senior litigator Hugh McGrattan is a key name for professional indemnity work, and has represented insurers and individuals in the legal, accountancy, architecture and engineering sectors. Darren Toombs handles debt recovery mandates and has represented liquidators, trustees and administrators, while Peter Guzhar focuses broadly on commercial litigation with additional expertise in IP issues.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment