Hugh McGrattan > Carson McDowell > Belfast, Northern Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Carson McDowell Offices
- Go to...
Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Hugh joined Carson McDowell in 2015 as partner and head of the firm’s professional indemnity team. Before that he was partner in another leading Belfast firm for over 20 years.
Hugh McGrattan graduated from Queens University Belfast and qualified as a solicitor in 1983
The ‘professional and friendly‘ team at Carson McDowell has a ‘wide range of expertise with great depth of experience‘; it has been particularly active in the media and public sectors, but has also handled contract and company, IP, procurement and competition litigation. The ‘responsive and approachable‘ Declan Magee leads the team alongside healthcare head Roger McMillan. Hugh McGrattan heads the professional indemnity and insurance defence side of the practice, which was strengthened by the firm’s recent merger with Francis J Irvine Solicitors.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Human resources > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment