Sinead McGrath > Carson McDowell > Belfast, Northern Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Carson McDowell Offices
- Go to...
Banking and finance.
As a partner at Carson McDowell, Sinead heads the banking and finance team. She acts for a wide variety banks, financial institutions and borrowers in relation to general acquisition finance, real estate finance, general corporate lending, project finance and restructuring. Key clients include Barclays Bank, Ulster Bank and Danske Bank.
Trained McKinty & Wright; qualified 1996; L’Estrange & Brett 1999-2009, partner from 2004; partner McGrigors 2009-12 (following merger with L’Estrange & Brett); partner Pinsent Masons 2012-13; partner Carson McDowell November 2013 to date.
Law Society of Northern Ireland.
Queens University, Belfast (1994 LLB Hons); Institute of Professional Legal Studies (1996).
The team at Carson McDowell stands out for ‘the breadth of experience, the commitment of individual lawyers and the expertise across sectors‘. It advises major banks, insolvency practitioners and corporates on contentious and non-contentious matters, and has experience handling cross-jurisdictional insolvencies and personal insolvencies. ‘Strong insolvency practitioner‘ Darren Toombs leads the team jointly with the ‘technically very strong‘ Sinead McGrath. The team was bolstered by the appointment of two new associates.(Hall of Fame)
Carson McDowell has experience acting on the lender and borrower side of domestic and multi-jurisdictional transactions, with a particular focus on energy and real estate finance. The team is also active in advising leading financial institutions on lending to SMEs. Highly regarded practice head Sinead McGrath advises leading banks, peer-to-peer lenders, corporates and energy suppliers, among others.
- Banking and finance - Northern Ireland > Finance
- Hall of Fame - Northern Ireland > Finance > Banking and finance
- Leading individuals - Northern Ireland > Finance > Banking and finance
- Insolvency and corporate recovery - Northern Ireland > Finance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Human resources > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment