Dawson McConkey > Carson McDowell > Belfast, Northern Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Carson McDowell Offices
- Go to...
Dawson is a partner at Carson McDowell and advises clients on a full range of property matters, including acquisitions and disposals, development work, landlord and tenant matters and investment work. He has a specialist interest in the property aspects of energy and renewable projects and has been personally involved in the majority of wind energy developments in Northern Ireland to date. Dawson also represents a number of clients in the food and agriculture sector.
Trained L’Estrange & Brett; qualified 2000; partner 2007, and subsequent successor firms McGrigors 2012; Pinsent Masons 2013; joined Carson McDowell as partner 2013.
Law Society of Northern Ireland (co-opted onto the Conveyancing and Property Committee 2015); former chairman of the Northern Ireland Commercial Property Lawyer’s Association.
The Queens University of Belfast (1998 LLB Hons); The Institute of Professional Legal Studies (2000).
Northern Ireland > Real estate > Commercial propertyWithin: Leading individuals -
Carson McDowell has ‘comprehensive knowledge‘ and a ‘client-friendly approach‘. The team advises on local and international investments and major developments in the region, and is noted for its extensive experience in the retail sector, acting for a significant number of retail tenants as well as the landlords of shopping centres and retail parks. Dawson McConkey took over as head of the practice in 2018, following Rosemary Carson‘s move to a consultancy role; both he and Emma Cooper have particular expertise in the energy sector.
- Commercial property - Northern Ireland > Real estate
- Leading individuals - Northern Ireland > Real estate > Commercial property
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Human resources > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment