Dawson McConkey > Carson McDowell > Belfast, Northern Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Carson McDowell Offices
- Go to...
Dawson is a partner at Carson McDowell and advises clients on a full range of property matters, including acquisitions and disposals, development work, landlord and tenant matters and investment work. He has a specialist interest in the property aspects of energy and renewable projects and has been personally involved in the majority of wind energy developments in Northern Ireland to date. Dawson also represents a number of clients in the food and agriculture sector.
Trained L’Estrange & Brett; qualified 2000; partner 2007, and subsequent successor firms McGrigors 2012; Pinsent Masons 2013; joined Carson McDowell as partner 2013.
Law Society of Northern Ireland (co-opted onto the Conveyancing and Property Committee 2015); former chairman of the Northern Ireland Commercial Property Lawyer’s Association.
The Queens University of Belfast (1998 LLB Hons); The Institute of Professional Legal Studies (2000).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Carson McDowell advises on some of the biggest property transactions in the market, with a client base that includes major foreign investors such as Threadneedle and Investec, as well as local names such as Belfast International Airport. Dawson McConkey leads the team and has a special interest in the property aspects of major energy deals. Emma Cooper is another key member and similarly has a strong focus on the energy sector. Former practice head Rosemary Carson continues to work with the team as a consultant.
- Commercial property - Northern Ireland > Real estate
- Leading individuals - Northern Ireland > Real estate > Commercial property
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment