Fiona Kirkpatrick > Carson McDowell > Belfast, Northern Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Carson McDowell Offices
- Go to...
Associate in the private client team specialising in all areas of private client work to include Wills and estate planning (frequently for very high net worth individuals), the administration of estates, creation and administration of trusts (private and charitable), mental capacity related issues such as Enduring Powers of Attorney and Controllership and general advice work. Acts in the administration of a number of locally prestigious trusts.
Trained George L Maclaine & Company; joined Carson McDowell 2013; associate 2016 to date. Publication: contributed (together with partner Neil Bleakley) to the Northern Ireland chapter of ‘International Succession’ 4th edition, Oxford 2015.
Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
Regent House Grammar School; Queens University Belfast LLB(Hons) 2008; Institute of Professional Legal Studies 2010; currently undertaking Advanced Diploma in Trusts and Estates.
Carson McDowell‘s ‘highly efficient, compassionate and highly motivated team‘ has particular strength in advising on high-value, complex estate planning and administration, and also handles contentious probate matters. In addition to high-net-worth individuals, the team acts for the trustees of several high-value trusts and regularly advises clients with assets in the Republic of Ireland and further abroad. Practice head Neil Bleakley and associate Fiona Kirkpatrick, who has expertise in trust administrations, are ‘leaders in their field‘.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Human resources > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment