Fiona Kirkpatrick > Carson McDowell > Belfast, Northern Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Carson McDowell Offices
- Go to...
Associate in the private client team specialising in all areas of private client work to include Wills and estate planning (frequently for very high net worth individuals), the administration of estates, creation and administration of trusts (private and charitable), mental capacity related issues such as Enduring Powers of Attorney and Controllership and general advice work. Acts in the administration of a number of locally prestigious trusts.
Trained George L Maclaine & Company; joined Carson McDowell 2013; associate 2016 to date. Publication: contributed (together with partner Neil Bleakley) to the Northern Ireland chapter of ‘International Succession’ 4th edition, Oxford 2015.
Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
Regent House Grammar School; Queens University Belfast LLB(Hons) 2008; Institute of Professional Legal Studies 2010; currently undertaking Advanced Diploma in Trusts and Estates.
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
Attracting praise for being ‘approachable’, ‘knowledgeable’ and ‘instilling trust and respect’, the team at Carson McDowell has a strong track record of work on high value and cross-border estate administration and planning. Neil Bleakley leads the team and has recently advised on estates valued at as much as £250m, with extensive experience in disputes over the interpretation of wills and trusts, as well as mental capacity matters. Associate Fiona Kirkpatrick is another key name, and has strong experience of handling high value trust administrations.
- Personal tax, trusts and probate - Northern Ireland > Private client
- Rising stars - Northern Ireland > Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment