Rosemary Carson > Carson McDowell > Belfast, Northern Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Carson McDowell Offices
- Go to...
Consultant, Rosemary specialises in landlord and tenant matters and in particular the Business Tenancies (Northern Ireland) Order 1996. Clients include: national retailers eg Tesco and the Arcadia Group of Companies, private investors and public authorities such as the Belfast Harbour Commissioners.
Trained Johns Elliot; qualified 1995; joined Carson McDowell 1997; partner 2001 – 2018; consultant 2018 – to date.
Law Society of Northern Ireland.
Ballymena Academy; Queens University of Belfast (1993 LLB First Class (Hons)).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Carson McDowell has ‘comprehensive knowledge‘ and a ‘client-friendly approach‘. The team advises on local and international investments and major developments in the region, and is noted for its extensive experience in the retail sector, acting for a significant number of retail tenants as well as the landlords of shopping centres and retail parks. Dawson McConkey took over as head of the practice in 2018, following Rosemary Carson‘s move to a consultancy role; both he and Emma Cooper have particular expertise in the energy sector.
- Commercial property - Northern Ireland > Real estate
- Leading individuals - Northern Ireland > Real estate > Commercial property
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Human resources > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment