Rosemary Carson > Carson McDowell > Belfast, Northern Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Carson McDowell Offices
- Go to...
Consultant, Rosemary specialises in landlord and tenant matters and in particular the Business Tenancies (Northern Ireland) Order 1996. Clients include: national retailers eg Tesco and the Arcadia Group of Companies, private investors and public authorities such as the Belfast Harbour Commissioners.
Trained Johns Elliot; qualified 1995; joined Carson McDowell 1997; partner 2001 – 2018; consultant 2018 – to date.
Law Society of Northern Ireland.
Ballymena Academy; Queens University of Belfast (1993 LLB First Class (Hons)).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Carson McDowell acts for clients from Great Britain and the island of Ireland on a wide range of high-value and complex real estate matters. Dawson McConkey heads up the team, which is prominent in high-profile investment transactions, lettings and large-scale development projects. The work covers a number of key sectors, including retail, education, transport, manufacturing, leisure and food and drink. McConkey is notably active in the renewable energy sector. In the offices space, Emma Cooper led the advice to PwC on the negotiation of its £70m lease agreement at Merchant Square in Belfast in 2020. Rosemary Carson, who focuses on development and site assembly work, is particularly noted for her work in the retail sector. Mary-Kim Doherty and recently-promoted partner Chris Phillips are also key individuals.
- Commercial property - Northern Ireland > Real estate
- Leading individuals - Northern Ireland > Real estate > Commercial property
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment