Karen Stretch > Dechert LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Dechert LLP Offices
160 QUEEN VICTORIA STREET
- Go to...
Financial Services and Investment Management
Karen Stretch focuses her practice on advisory and transactional derivatives, advising clients worldwide on a range of discrete and transactional derivatives and related regulatory matters, trading documents and non-traditional investment and financing techniques, including repos, TRS, dynamic portfolio swaps, stock loans and other structured derivatives.
Ms. Stretch routinely advises on regulatory compliance relating to derivatives, trading and benchmarks, such as EMIR, SFTR, the Short Selling Regulation, the Benchmarks Regulation and BRRD, with a focus since 2017 on LIBOR and benchmark reform. Ms. Stretch is leading the firm’s coverage on LIBOR and derivatives and is an integral part of the Dechert LIBOR taskforce.
Ms. Stretch also has significant experience advising on matters relating to the establishment of structured capital markets transactions with a credit focus, as well as fund products, during her career having provided full service support to several funds and investment vehicles including MTN program updates, follow-on offerings, new compartments and sub-funds, subscriptions and restructurings as well as prime brokerage arrangements.
Prior to joining Dechert, Ms. Stretch worked at another global American law firm in a similar role and a leading French bank in London as a senior trading, sales and derivatives lawyer.
- University of Warwick, B.A., 2003, with Honors
- Nottingham Law School, Legal Practice Course, 2004, with Distinction
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Dechert LLP is ‘deeply knowledgeable about ISDA documentations and market practice‘, and clients remark that ‘the attention to detail is second to none, turnaround times are fantastic, and nothing was too much to ask‘. The firm acts for both the global buy-side client base and sell-side clients across an array of derivatives and financial market regulatory issues. Its buy-side client base ranges from hedge fund start-ups to global asset managers, hedge funds, private equity funds and retail funds across the world. Gus Black leads the financial services group, in which John McGrath and Karen Stretch are the key partner for derivatives and structured products. Stretch is ‘dedicated, excellent to work with, very responsive and provides practical advice‘.
- Next Generation Partners - London > Finance > Derivatives and structured products
- Derivatives and structured products - London > Finance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Investment fund formation and management > Hedge funds
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Finance > Debt capital markets
- Finance > Derivatives and structured products
- Industry focus > Emerging markets
- Employment > Employers
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Real estate > Property finance
- Finance > Securitisation
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – small-mid cap
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds
- Employment > Senior executives
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency
- Insurance > Insurance and reinsurance litigation
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions – high-value deals (£250m+)
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £500m+