Malcolm Gunnyeon > Dentons > Aberdeen, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
431 UNION STREET
- Go to...
Malcolm leads the Dispute Resolution team in our Aberdeen office. His principal areas of focus are corporate and contractual disputes in the oil and gas sector, insolvency proceedings and contentious health and safety matters. Malcolm has considerable experience in the offshore, food and drink and transportation sectors.
In the health and safety field Malcolm’s experience lies in handling prosecutions involving serious injuries, major workplace accidents and fatalities both on and off shore.
Malcolm is a trained mediator, is a senior tutor in Advanced Civil Litigation on the Diploma in Professional Legal Practice, and lectures on health and safety law at the University of Aberdeen. He is also the author of a report for the European Commission on the residual rules of jurisdiction in Scots law.
Malcolm was named a “2019 Acritas Star – independently rated lawyer”.
Qualified 2002; Dentons: solicitor 2002; associate 2007; established the Aberdeen CDR department 2007; partner 2010.
Mountaineering; golf; skiing; travel; cycling.
The health and safety group at Dentons assists clients with regulatory advice, enforcement and prosecution defence and transactional support, especially with relation to insolvency situations. Stephen Shergold has particular expertise in relation to chemical safety and equipment safety. Malcolm Gunnyeon is known for advising clients in the food and beverage, oil and gas and rail sectors. Other key industries for the department include healthcare and care homes, manufacturing, power, waste, insurance, chemicals and real estate development.
With Glasgow-based solicitor advocate Douglas Blyth, who handles a wide range of corporate and contractual disputes, and Aberdeen-based Malcolm Gunnyeon, who has a specialism in the oil and gas sector, jointly heading the practice, Dentons is well placed to act for clients across Scotland. It is equally well versed to handle cross-border disputes, acting for clients spanning various sectors. Recently, the team has been particularly active handling business disputes alongside public law, insolvency, tax, real estate and construction-related litigation.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Environment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Finance > Investment funds
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Professional negligence