Malcolm Gunnyeon > Dentons > Aberdeen, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
1 Marischal Square
- Go to...
Malcolm leads the Dispute Resolution team in our Aberdeen office. His principal areas of focus are corporate and contractual disputes in the oil and gas sector, insolvency proceedings and contentious health and safety matters. Malcolm has considerable experience in the offshore, food and drink and transportation sectors.
In the health and safety field Malcolm’s experience lies in handling prosecutions involving serious injuries, major workplace accidents and fatalities both on and off shore.
Malcolm is a trained mediator, is a senior tutor in Advanced Civil Litigation on the Diploma in Professional Legal Practice, and lectures on health and safety law at the University of Aberdeen. He is also the author of a report for the European Commission on the residual rules of jurisdiction in Scots law.
Qualified 2002; Dentons: solicitor 2002; associate 2007; established the Aberdeen CDR department 2007; partner 2010.
Mountaineering; golf; skiing; travel; cycling.
The health and safety team at Dentons maintains a balance of transactional, advisory, and regulatory defence work across the energy, transport, food and drink, and manufacturing industries, advising a number of well-known clients in these sectors. Environmental law specialist Stephen Shergold leads the London operation alongside Malcolm Gunnyeon, who also leads the Scottish health and safety team. Shergold’s practice focuses on oil and gas, waste, and contaminated land, among other related specialisms. Helen Bowdren maintains an international practice and works with clients including chemical manufacturers.
Dentons handles various commercial disputes arising from contractual arrangements and has recently been particularly active in the public, energy, transport, food and drink and financial services sectors. Handling insolvency-related disputes, often with cross-border elements, is an area of particular expertise for team head and solicitor advocate Douglas Blyth, who is also experienced in shareholder and boardroom disputes. Aberdeen-based Malcolm Gunnyeon is a key contact for oil and gas alongside transport sector clients.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Finance > Investment funds
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment