Mr Michael A. Hurst > Dentons > Calgary, Canada > Lawyer Profile
850 - 2ND STREET SW
15TH FLOOR, BANKERS COURT
CALGARY, ALBERTA T2P 0R8
- Go to...
Mr Michael A. Hurst
Mike is a partner and manager of the Firm’s Energy Transactions practice section in the Calgary office. He is also the Firm’s national and global Energy sector lead for Canada.
Mike’s expertise is in the area of energy law. His advice has been sought with respect to oil and gas upstream, midstream and pipeline acquisitions, the structuring of greenfield projects, financing transactions and product sales arrangements.
Mike has worked on infrastructure projects in the Western Canada Sedimentary Basin, the Canadian arctic and offshore areas and South America.
Mike has acted in the structuring of three large oilsands joint ventures.
Admitted to Bar: Alberta, 1976
- Member and Past Director of the Canadian Petroleum Law Foundation
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member of the Calgary Bar Association
University of Alberta, 1975, LLB
University of Alberta, 1974, BA
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Dentons is sought after to advise on commercial and regulatory matters related to the sale and purchase of upstream and midstream assets, energy project development and the regulation of energy infrastructure. In particular, clients note the team’s ability to seamlessly handle multi-jurisdictional transactions. The oil and gas practice is particularly specialized in the midstream industry where it has seen significant growth. Transactional lawyer Michael Hurst jointly leads the department with regulatory expert Bernard Roth and commercial specialist George Antonopoulos. Laura Estep is also recommended.
- Leading individuals - Canada > Energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Oil and gas - Canada > Energy and natural resources
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Transport > Aviation
- Dispute resolution
- Indigenous law
- Business immigration
- Capital markets
- Corporate and M&A
- Infrastructure projects
- International trade
- Labour and employment
- Energy and natural resources > Mining
- Energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Transport > Other transport
- Energy and natural resources > Power
- Public procurement
- Real estate
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Banking and finance
- Competition and antitrust