Andrew Orr > Dentons > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
15 LAURISTON PLACE
- Go to...
Energy, Transport & Infrastructure
Andrew is a partner in the Firm’s Infrastructure and PPP department.
Andrew specializes in project finance and major projects. He has considerable experience of infrastructure finance transactions, including PFI/PPP and energy projects, and has advised on many of the UK’s significant and pathfinder PPP projects.
He regularly advises the public sector, sponsors, funders and contractors on infrastructure projects across a broad range of sectors, including education, energy, health, housing, transport and waste.
Andrew is rated as a leading individual for Projects in The Legal 500.
Trained Alex Morrison & Co; qualified 1991; Solicitor/Associate, McGrigors 1993–2000; Partner, MacRoberts, 2000–2016; Partner, Dentons, 2017- present.
Law Society of Scotland.
University of Aberdeen (LLB Hons), University of Edinburgh (Dip. LP).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Dentons is well known for its involvement in large-scale PFI and non-profit-distributing (NPD) project acquisitions, and also disputes and restructurings. It acts for public and private sector clients, lenders and investors, both domestically and internationally. Team head Euan Wilson is experienced in secondary market PFI/PPP transactions. Andrew Orr is recommended for project finance matters.
- Leading individuals - Scotland > Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Projects - Scotland > Projects, energy and natural resources
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Environment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Finance > Investment funds
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Professional negligence