Gareth Hale > Dentons > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
15 LAURISTON PLACE
- Go to...
Commercial Dispute Resolution
Gareth is a partner in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution team, having joined in 2003. He has dealt with a broad range of civil, commercial and property related disputes. His primary area of practice is property litigation. He is a member of the committee of the Property Litigation Association in Scotland and has extensive experience of representing clients in the Sheriff Court, the Court of Session and in the UK Supreme Court. He is a keen advocate of alternative forms of dispute resolution – in particular mediation which is increasingly being used for the benefit of commercial clients keen to retain control of disputes and to bring about swift, pragmatic and commercially sensible outcomes.
Trainee Maclay Murray & Spens 2003-05; Qualified Solicitor 2005-10; Associate 2010-15; Partner 2015; accredited mediator CORE (Scotland) 2015; Committee Member and Secretary PLA (Scotland) 2015.
WS Society; Property Litigation Association
Glasgow University (2002 LLB (Hons); 2003 Dip. LP)
Travel; golf; skiing; cycling; triathlon.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Dentons has a strong profile for landlord and tenant disputes, covering the full range from ratings and lease disputes to break options and dilapidation claims, while also handling contentious matters arising from commercial and residential developments. This offering attracts a wide range of institutional landlords, corporate tenants and housebuilders and has led to a number of prominent retailers instructing the team to handle all property disputes across its portfolio in Scotland. With accredited mediator Gareth Hale heading the practice, its services also include alternative dispute resolution.
- Leading individuals - Scotland > Real estate > Property litigation
- Property litigation - Scotland > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Finance > Investment funds
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment