Gareth Hale > Dentons > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
15 LAURISTON PLACE
- Go to...
Commercial Dispute Resolution
Gareth is a partner in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution team, having joined in 2003. He has dealt with a broad range of civil, commercial and property related disputes. His primary area of practice is property litigation. He is a member of the committee of the Property Litigation Association in Scotland and has extensive experience of representing clients in the Sheriff Court, the Court of Session and in the UK Supreme Court. He is a keen advocate of alternative forms of dispute resolution – in particular mediation which is increasingly being used for the benefit of commercial clients keen to retain control of disputes and to bring about swift, pragmatic and commercially sensible outcomes.
Trainee Maclay Murray & Spens 2003-05; Qualified Solicitor 2005-10; Associate 2010-15; Partner 2015; accredited mediator CORE (Scotland) 2015; Committee Member and Secretary PLA (Scotland) 2015.
WS Society; Property Litigation Association
Glasgow University (2002 LLB (Hons); 2003 Dip. LP)
Travel; golf; skiing; cycling; triathlon.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Dentons regularly acts for institutional landlords, corporate tenants and housebuilders across a wide range of sectors, including retail, property investment, agriculture, higher education, manufacturing and energy, in lease disputes and dilapidation claims, among other matters. Alongside its litigation capabilities, the team led by accredited mediator Gareth Hale also has a good track record in alternative dispute resolution.
The team at Dentons ‘puts clients first and can genuinely provide support in all areas of law’. The practice, jointly led by Gareth Hale and Ross Nicol, focuses on reputation management and has been engaged for a number of high-profile defamation disputes in recent months. The practice is closely integrated with the international firm’s global media and entertainment practice, which delivers a full service offering in the film and television, gaming, e-sports, music, publishing and advertising sectors. Senior associate Sarah McCormick is ‘keen and committed’; she specialises in pre- and post-publication advice to broadcasters.
- Leading individuals - Scotland > Real estate > Property litigation
- Property litigation - Scotland > Real estate
- Media and entertainment - Scotland > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Environment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Finance > Investment funds
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Professional negligence