Allan Cairns > Dentons > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
15 LAURISTON PLACE
- Go to...
Allan is a Partner in the Real Estate practice and is based in our Edinburgh office. He is involved in a wide range of property work, including investment acquisitions and disposals, leasing and development work, secured lending and the property aspects of corporate transactions.
Trained Archibald Campbell & Harley WS, qualifying 2005. Joined Maclay Murray & Spens LLP in 2005, and partner since 2015.
Alva Academy; Dundee University LLB (Hons) 2002 and Dip LP 2003.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Dentons is well-placed to advise clients on national and international real estate deals; its work in Scotland is often written under English law. In addition, the firm has a number of Scotland-based dual-qualified fee earners. The Scottish practice is noted for its experience of the shopping centre, retail, energy, and leisure and hospitality spaces. Glasgow-based partner Gordon Aitken, who is a co-head of the team, has over 30 years of real estate experience. He is notably adept at handling institutional investment and funding. Allan Cairns, who is based in Edinburgh, handles investment acquisitions and disposals, leasing and development work, secured lending and the property aspects of corporate transactions.
- Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow - Scotland > Real estate
- Next Generation Partners - Scotland > Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Environment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Finance > Investment funds
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Professional negligence