Gordon Aitken > Dentons > Glasgow, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
1 GEORGE SQUARE
- Go to...
Gordon is a partner in Dentons’ Glasgow office with over 30 years’ experience in the real estate sector. He has experience in a broad range of commercial property work including acting for institutional investors, property companies, retailers, industrial companies, banks and public sector clients. Major clients for which Gordon has carried out a significant amount of work include M&G Real Estate, Aberdeen Standard, Aviva Investors, Universities Superannuation Scheme, Doosan Babcock Limited, The Tannen Group, The Old Course, Teekay Shipping, London & Regional Properties and Scottish Enterprise.
Articled Maclay Murray & Spens; qualified 1987; assistant solicitor 1987-90; associate 1990-91; partner 1991.
Investment Property Forum.
Eastwood High School; Glasgow University (1984 LLB (Hons); 1985 Dip LP).
Dentons is well-placed to advise clients on national and international real estate deals; its work in Scotland is often written under English law. In addition, the firm has a number of Scotland-based dual-qualified fee earners. The Scottish practice is noted for its experience of the shopping centre, retail, energy, and leisure and hospitality spaces. Glasgow-based partner Gordon Aitken, who is a co-head of the team, has over 30 years of real estate experience. He is notably adept at handling institutional investment and funding. Allan Cairns, who is based in Edinburgh, handles investment acquisitions and disposals, leasing and development work, secured lending and the property aspects of corporate transactions.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Environment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Finance > Investment funds
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Professional negligence