Dr Axel Schlieter > Dentons > Dusseldorf, Germany > Lawyer Profile
Breite Straße 22
- Go to...
Dr Axel Schlieter
Banking & Finance
Dr. Axel Schlieter, MBA (Durham / EBS), is a Partner in Dentons’ Dusseldorf office. He is a member of the Banking & Finance practice group and specializes in corporate lending, project and acquisition financing transactions with a particular focus on real estate and infrastructure finance. Axel also advises clients on structured corporate loans, as well as hybrid financing structures comprising bank facilities, promissory loans, bonds and notes.
He is a member of the Real Estate, Energy and Infrastructure sector groups of Dentons and has longstanding experience advising banks, institutional investors, funds and sponsors on all types of debt instruments. In addition, he is a core team member of the Global Sustainable Finance Group of Dentons and regularly advises in relation to ESG-linked financing transactions. Axel holds a double degree Master of Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Durham Business School and EBS Business School, which additionally qualifies him to consult with clients on commercial and economic matters.
Axel is recognized by Best Lawyers (in cooperation with Handelsblatt) as one of the leading lawyers in structured finance and real estate finance in Germany and has been assigned with authorship of the reputable commentary C.H. Beck Münchener Kommentar HGB, Band 6 banking contract law (Bankvertragsrecht) for trade finance document LCs and collection arrangements.
- Partner, Dentons, Dusseldorf, 2019 to date
- Counsel, Clifford Chance, 2018-2019
- Associate and senior associate, Clifford Chance, 2010-2018
- Member of the Verein für Wirtschaftsrecht, Cologne
Admitted to the bar, Germany, 2011
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Industry focus > Energy
- Trade and distribution > Foreign trade law
- Public sector > Public procurement
- Real estate and construction > Real estate
- Restructuring and insolvency > Restructuring
- Public sector > State aid
- Capital markets > Structured finance and securitisation
- Compliance > Compliance
- Industry focus > Healthcare and life sciences
- Insurance > Advice to insurers
- Public sector > Planning and environment
- Trade and distribution > Trade, distribution and logistics
- Dispute resolution > Arbitration (including international arbitration)
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Corporate and M&A > Corporate
- Corporate and M&A > M&A: mid-sized deals (sub-€500m)
- Intellectual property > Trade marks
- Private equity > Venture capital