Nieves Briz > Dentons > Barcelona, Spain > Lawyer Profile
AVENIDA DIAGONAL 477
- Go to...
Nieves Briz is a partner in the Corporate department of Dentons’ Barcelona office. Before joining Dentons in 2018, Nieves worked as a partner in JAUSAS and Ernst & Young.
Nieves has more than 30 years of experience advising some of the most relevant national and international corporations in finance, property, pharmaceuticals and energy sectors. She has extensive knowledge in acquisitions and due diligence processes in sectors as diverse as finance, property, pharmaceuticals, retail and energies, representing both national and international clients in more than 100 such transactions. She also advises on contractual and business matters and manages the planning and execution of complex operations such as international mergers, splits and contributions of business units.
Nieves has also been a teacher of commercial law at ESADE Business School, and for several years gave lectures about M&A as part of the school’s ISDE Master in Legal Practice.
- Partner, Dentons (2018 to date)
- Partner, JAUSAS (2013 – 2018)
- Director Partner, Ernst & Young (2008 – 2013)
- International Equity Partner, Ernst & Young (2000 – 2013)
- Member of the Executive Committee, Ernst & Young (2009 – 2012)
- Partner responsibility for quality and risk in Spain, Ernst & Young (2008 – 2010)
- National Partner, Ernst & Young (1998 – 2000)
- Principal, Ernst & Young (1997 – 1998)
- Senior Associate, Ernst & Young (1944 – 1997)
- Associate, Ernst & Young (1991 – 1994)
- Junior Associate, Ernst & Young (1988 – 1990)
English, Spanish and Catalán
She is a member of the Advisory Boards of a technological company and an industrial company. Moreover, in April 2017 she was named a member of the executive board of the International Women’s Forum association for the Spanish chapter.
Besides, she is member of the Barcelona Bar Association (ICAB)
- IESE Business School, 2013, Program “Women in Boards of Directors”
- Barcelona University, 1987, Law Degree
Experienced in cross-border work for multinationals, Dentons is particularly active for French clients. In terms of sector expertise, the practice is known for pharma and private equity matters, as well as a specialism in transactional insurance matters. The practice is co-led by José María Buxeda, who advises on corporate law, commercial law and dispute resolution; Nieves Briz, who joined from Fieldfisher JAUSAS in 2018 and focuses on pharma and IP issues; head of the French desk Juan Ignacio Alonso; and Jesús Durán, who is experienced in M&A, buyouts, divestment strategies and funds structuring. The team was further bolstered by the arrival of compliance expert Diego Pol from Baker McKenzie in 2019. Alejandro Alonso left the firm for Ventura Garcés & López-Ibor in 2019.