Vladimir Kilinkarov > Dentons > St Petersburg, Russia > Lawyer Profile
Jensen House 5th Floor, lit. A
32-34 Nevsky Prospect
191011 St Petersburg
- Go to...
Head of Russian PPP practice
Vladimir is a Counsel in Dentons’ St. Petersburg office and Head of Russian PPP practice. For more than 10 years Vladimir has advised public authorities and investors on various aspects of structuring, preparing and implementing concession and other PPP projects in Russia (roads, municipal transportation, housing and utilities, education, tourism), on issues of improving federal and regional PPP legislation, preparing and implementing domestic and international business projects, foreign investment, corporate law and M&A transactions. Before joining Dentons Vladimir headed the PPP practice at a Russian law firm as a partner.
Vladimir regularly speaks at parliamentary hearings on developing PPP legislation and is involved in developing national and international legal acts in this field. He has authored articles and books in Russian and English on PPP issues; he speaks at Russian and international conferences and workshops.
Vladimir is a member of a drafting team of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe for preparing a UNECE model law on public-private partnerships, and also a member of a number of expert councils in the major Russian associations and institutes for PPPs and infrastructure. He holds a PhD in Law and lectures at the Law School of the St. Petersburg State University.
- Counsel, head of Russia PPP practice, Dentons, St. Petersburg (2017 – present)
- Partner, head of PPP practice, Maxima Legal, St. Petersburg-Moscow (2012-2017)
- Head of International Desk, Maxima Legal, St. Petersburg-Moscow (2009-2017)
- Senior Associate, Maxima Legal, St. Petersburg (2008–2011)
- Associate, Maxima Legal, St. Petersburg (2007–2008)
- Deputy Legal Director, St. Petersburg State University Law School Publishers, 2006
- Member of the Expert Council on Public-Private Partnership Development at the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation, 2018 – present
- Member of the Working Group on the development of agreement mechanisms for public-private partnership and concession agreements in the field of IT at the RSPP (Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs) Committee on Digital Economy, 2020 – present
- Member of the Expert Council of the Russian Public-Private Partnership Development Center, 2018 – present
- Member of the Expert Council of the Russian National Association of Concessionaires and Long-Term Investors in Infrastructure (NAKDI), 2018 – present
- Petersburg State University Law School, business law department, 2011, PhD in Law
- Petersburg State University Law School, 2006, specialist degree with honors
- Petersburg State University Philology Department, 2006, second degree as English Translator in Professional Communications, with honors
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Dentons is known particularly for its ‘impressive presence within the Russian infrastructure market‘, providing legal support for economic and social infrastructure projects, including concessions and other PPP projects in Russia and the CIS. Construction expert Karina Chichkanova oversees the infrastructure practice and counsel Vladimir Kilinkarov takes the lead on advising public authorities and investors on various aspects of PPP work. Kilinkarov is also a member of the team of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe involved in preparing a model law on public-private partnerships, and was invited by Uncitral to work on its legislative guide and model provisions concerning PPPs.
- Next Generation Partners - Russia > PPP and infrastructure projects
- PPP and infrastructure projects - Russia
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Commercial, corporate and M&a: Moscow
- Commercial, corporate and M&a: St Petersburg and elsewhere
- Intellectual property
- Real estate and construction