Mr Roman Zaitsev > Dentons > Moscow, Russia > Lawyer Profile
7 Lesnaya Street
- Go to...
Mr Roman Zaitsev
Russian Litigation / Arbitration Practice
Roman Zaitsev is a partner in Dentons’ Moscow office and head of Moscow Litigation and Dispute Resolution practice. He focuses on Russian procedural, civil and bankruptcy law and enforcement proceedings. He has significant experience representing client interests in state commercial courts, where he has successfully represented major multinational corporations, individuals and various organizations, including commercial banks, energy companies, car manufacturers, state and municipal authorities and major defense enterprises.
Roman has acted successfully in major commercial disputes, bankruptcy proceedings and disputes with state authorities as well as in cases involving the recognition and enforcement of foreign judgments in the Russian Federation. He has also represented clients in general enforcement proceedings, due diligence investigations, alternative dispute resolution and various other commercial, civil, procedural, general corporate and administrative matters.
- Partner, Dentons(formerly Salans), Moscow, 2014–present
- Of Counsel, Dentons (formerly Salans), Moscow, 2012–2013
- Associate, Salans, Moscow, 2008–2012
- Lecturer, “Commercial Dispute Resolution in Russia”; participant in international research projects, University of Lapland, Rovaniemi, Finland, 2006–2007
- Participant in international research projects, Christian-Albrechts University, Institute of East European Law in Kiel, Germany, 2004
- Senior Lecturer, Department of Civil Procedure, Urals State University, 2002–2008
- Sverdlovsk Oblast Economic Bar, 2001–2008
- Urals State Law Academy, 2005, Candidate of Legal Sciences (PhD)
- Urals State Law Academy, 2002, Law Degree
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The ‘very strong dispute resolution practice’ at Dentons is split between the offices in Moscow and St. Petersburg, respectively led by department co-heads Roman Zaitsev and Mikhail Ivanov. The group is ‘well known for its success rate in handling disputes’; it has a particular emphasis on assisting large domestic and international clients with contentious bankruptcy, contractual and real estate issues. The team in St. Petersburg has extensive experience in IT litigation, an area where Victor Naumov has a stellar reputation. Counsel Maria Mikheyenkova is noted for her credentials in procedural law.
Dentons‘ cross-practice department maintains a well-established market position due to its traditional strength in loan and export trade debt restructuring. The team has recently expanded the scope of its indebtedness restructuring work beyond the CIS region, handling work concerning jurisdictions as far afield as Central America. Adjusting to the market’s Covid-19-related needs, the department has been focusing on regulatory advice relating to the government’s newly introduced legislative changes. Andrei Strijak leads the practice, where the New York-qualified Timothy Stubbs, litigation department head Roman Zaitsev are also key figures.
Dentons relies upon its strength across the CIS region to handle complex cross-border issues relating to the enforcement of arbitral awards and parallel proceedings in Russia; Richard Cowie and dual-qualified Konstantin Kroll are key contacts for multi-jurisdictional matters. The team regularly acts for clients in commercial arbitration initiated in relation to breaches of contracts and corporate disputes. St. Petersburg-based Mikhail Ivanov heads up the national department, while Roman Zaitsev leads the team in Moscow.
- Leading individuals - Russia > Dispute resolution: Litigation
- Dispute resolution: Litigation - Russia
- Dispute resolution: Arbitration and mediation - Russia
- Restructuring and insolvency - Russia
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Commercial, corporate and M&A: Moscow
- Commercial, corporate and M&A: St Petersburg and elsewhere
- Intellectual property
- Real estate and construction