Mr Florian Schneider > Dentons > Moscow, Russia > Lawyer Profile
7 Lesnaya Street
- Go to...
Mr Florian Schneider
Corporate / M&A Practice, Real Estate Practice, Retail Sector Group
Florian is a partner in Dentons’ Moscow office. He specializes in M&A transactions (both cross-border and domestic) and the establishment of joint ventures in a number of sectors, including the automotive, chemicals, railway, retail, food, real estate development and construction sectors. Florian also has experience advising clients on general corporate, commercial and real estate law matters. He also specializes in advising clients on cybersecurity issues, and has obtained a certificate in management of cybersecurity risks at Harvard University in 2020.
Florian has vast experience in advising international companies on their investment projects not only in Russia, but also worldwide, including in China, USA, Canada, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan. He serves as lead legal counsel for a number of international clients. He manages teams that assist clients on various practices and coordinates offices at several locations globally.
Florian participates in German trade delegations and speaks frequently on Russian corporate, M&A, Russian and German contract law and related matters. In addition to his responsibilities as the Chairman of the Cybersecurity Working Group of the Russian-German Chamber of Commerce in the Russian Federation, Florian is a member of the Best Lawyers Advisory Board for the Russian Federation, a member of the Association of European Businesses in the Russian Federation and a member of the Bar Association in Germany.
- Partner, Dentons (formerly Salans), Moscow, 2007-present
- Managing Partner, Dentons, Russia, 2012-2018
- Partner and Head of Dentons’ (formerly Salans’) Global Retail practice, Salans, Moscow, 2007-2012
- Partner, Beiten Burkhardt, Moscow, 2006-2007
- Associate, Beiten Burkhardt, Moscow, 2002-2005
- Junior Lawyer, Beiten Burkhardt, St. Petersburg, 2001
- Junior Lawyer, Warias & Kollegen, Düsseldorf, 2000-2001
- Junior Lawyer, Arthur Andersen, Worldwide, St. Petersburg 1999
German, English, Russian, French
- Management Board of the Russian-German Chamber of Commerce in the Russian Federation
- Best Lawyers Advisory Board for the Russian Federation
- Association of European Businesses in the Russian Federation
- Harvard University, 2020, Cybersecurity: Managing risk in the information age
- Harvard Law School, 2012, Executive Education, Leadership in Law Firms
- Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster / University of Münster, 2011, LL.M., Real Estate Law
- OLG Düsseldorf, 2002, Second State Examination, Law
- Admitted to the German Bar, 2002
- Albert-Ludwigs-University of Freiburg, 1999, First State Examination, Law
The ‘brilliant’ team at Dentons handles the full gamut of real estate and construction matters, with a particular emphasis on domestic and cross-border M&A transactions involving high-value real estate assets, an area in which department head Sergey Trakhtenberg is a recognised leading practitioner. In addition, the firm fields a top construction practice with a strong reputation in green and brownfield projects; in a matter led by Florian Schneider, the group is assisting Raiffeisenbank with the first built-to-suit acquisition of an office building. Headed up by Karina Chichkanova, the St. Petersburg-based team demonstrates strength in retail sector construction work. Other sectors of principal focus for the national group include the hospitality, pharmaceuticals and fast-moving consumer goods industries. Senior associate Olga Elliott is also noted.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Commercial, corporate and M&a: Moscow
- Commercial, corporate and M&a: St Petersburg and elsewhere
- Intellectual property
- Real estate and construction