Christine Sévère > Dentons > Paris, France > Lawyer Profile
5 BOULEVARD MALESHERBES
- Go to...
Christine Sévère, partner in the Paris office, specializes in litigation and leads the Paris litigation group.
Her complete background and training (civil and business law, European and international, and public law) make it possible for her to undertake complex issues. Her outstanding performance in litigation matters is recognized. She also assists her clients in pre contentious and transactional operations. Her activity covers several areas:
- Commercial law and civil liability law (contract and tort law) (product liability, unfair competition, corporate litigation, etc.) with a long standing practice in distribution law (selective distribution litigation, breach of contract, restrictive practices, abuse of economic dependence, etc. – see her article « La rupture de la relation commerciale établie (rupture of established commercial relations), published in the supplement to n° 5 of the Lamy civil law review, May 2004). She primarily works in the luxury (fashion, cosmetics), food processing, and other diverse industries, as well as banking.
- Employment law: she handles classic cases (individual and collective redundancy), and also less common procedures before La Halde, now known as Le Défenseur des Droits (Defender of Rights), for harassment and discrimination cases. She manages cases requiring dual expertise in commercial and employment law (complex unfair competition cases, etc.).
- Construction and commercial leases: after practicing in construction litigation for nearly ten years for developers (10-year guarantee litigation, expertises, etc.) her work in this area is now centered on commercial leases which has provided her with experience in financial analysis (particularly in the assessment of eviction compensation).
Her litigation practice has naturally led her to practice pre-litigation and provide counsel in drafting contractual documents, which is an integral part of her activity.
French and English
Admitted to the Paris Bar in 1987
University of Paris II – Panthéon Assas, 1984, Maîtrise, Carrières Judiciaires de Droit Privé
University of Paris I – Panthéon Sorbonne, 1983, DESS, Transport et Distribution, Droit International Maritime et Aérien – Dissertation on shipbuilder’s responsibility
University of Paris II – Panthéon Assas, 1982, Maîtrise
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Administrative and public law
- Industry focus > Healthcare and life sciences
- Intellectual property > Trade marks, designs and copyrights
- Industry focus: Healthcare and life sciences
- Intellectual property: Trade marks and designs
- Derivatives and structured finance
- Industry focus: Energy
- Industry focus: Luxury goods
- Intellectual property: Patents
- Project finance
- Banking and finance: transactional work
- Dispute resolution: International arbitration
- Private equity: Fund formation
- Real estate
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Dispute resolution: White-collar crime
- Mergers and acquisitions
- EU, competition and distribution