- Member of the Master of Real Estate Alumni Association (MRE)
- Member of Dutch Association of Lease Law Lawyers
- Member of Fresh
- Member of the Dutch Association of Young Real Estate Lawyers
Mr Dirk-Jan Gondrie > Dentons > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
GUSTAV MAHLERPLEIN 2
- Go to...
Mr Dirk-Jan Gondrie
Dirk-Jan Gondrie MRE is a partner in the Amsterdam office and member of the Real Estate practice group. He specializes in real estate transactions and property development, as well as asset management related matters.
Dirk-Jan acts mainly for international and Dutch institutional investors and developers. He is frequently engaged in cross-border real estate acquisition and restructuring work, focusing on Dutch sale and lease aspects. Dirk-Jan lectures at the Amsterdam School of Real Estate (ASRE).
- Pertinea Property Partners: Advising on its acquisition of two shopping centers through its investment vehicle RE-tail Return Partners II.
- Savills Investment Management: Advising on its acquisition of the Geminus logistics portfolio from CBRE Global Investors, consisting of two distribution centres in Wijchen and ‘s Heerenberg, the Netherlands. The portfolio comprises approximately 45,000 sq.m. of lettable floor area.
- Arrow Capital Partners: Advising on its acquisition of two business properties in Rotterdam, each approximately 6,500 sq.m. The acquisitions are part of the €3 billion Strategic Industrial Real Estate (SIRE) platform from Arrow.
- AB Alternative SICAV-SIF European Real Estate Fund: Advising on its renewed lease with one of its Dutch tenants, Scotch & Soda for a property in Hoofddorp , for an additional period of 7.5 years following an initial 6 year lease contract.
- Madison International Realty: Advising as one of the two new entrants in the Real Estate Gateway Fund managed by Cairn Real Estate. Madison invests €22.5 million, which is to increase to €50 million in the following 18 months. Combined, the two institutional investors will invest a total of €100 million.
- DSV: Advising in the sale of an XXL distribution center of 115,000 sq.m., through a sale-and-leaseback transaction to Savills Investment Management on behalf of Vestas Investment Management.
- Savills IM: Advising on the acquisition of two distributions centers from VDG (Van Dijk Groep) for €26 million
- Vonovia: assisting Vonovia SE the largest residential investor in Europe, in the acquisition of an interest of 2.6% in Vesteda Residential Fund.
- A German Fund: Advising on the sale of an office building to Corum Origin, a fund managed by Corum Asset Management. The single-tenant office building totals approximately 3,500 sq.m. lettable floor area and includes 85 parking spaces.
- Europa Capital and ARC Real Estate partners: Advising on the acquisition of a light industrial portfolio from Looije Properties. This constitutes its third acquisition in six months, all made with the assistance of Dentons.
- AXA Investment Managers: Advising on the acquisition of a 138-unit residential portfolio in the east of the Netherlands from a regional housing association for EUR 31,75 million.
- Real Estate Growth Fund: Advising a fund managed by Cairn Real Estate, in its acquisition of a 9,000 sq.m. logistical property in Amstelveen through a the sale-and-lease-back transaction.
- Hines’ European Core Fund: Advising on the acquisition of a new project Pontkade Fase 3 in Amsterdam. The mixed-use project consists of 208 apartments, 118 parking spaces, 1,600 sq.m. of office space and 800 sq.m. retail space.
- Pertinea Property Partners: Advising on its acquisition of the 5,500 sq.m. Buytenwegh shopping centre in Zoetermeer the Netherlands from Segesta Exploitatie, through acquisition vehicle Re-tail Return Partners II.
- GIC: Advising Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund, on the €950 million acquisition of the Maximus logistics real estate portfolio from Apollo Global Management, a US-based private equity firm.
- Cairn / Healthcare Real Estate: Advising on the acquisition of a healthcare center in Assen, a city in the North of the Netherlands. Cairn Healthcare Real Estate will redevelop and expand the existing center to 2,250 sq.m. in order to offer housing to nine different care operators.
- Spoorwegpensioenfonds: Advising on the sale of shopping center de Fonteyne in Vlissingen, a city in the southeast of the Netherlands, to real estate company Punt Beheer for approximately €2.5 million. Tenants of the 7,000 sq.m. shopping center include well-known retail chains such as Hema, New Yorker, Lucardi en
Amsterdam school of Real Estate, 2017, Master
Utrecht University, Law Degree
Amsterdam Bar Association, 2007
The real estate department at Dentons has a strong focus on transactional and leasing work, and also handles finance, construction, notarial, tax, and litigation matters. It acts for developers, landlords and tenants, and is active across various asset classes, including office, retail, logistics, residential and leisure properties. Wendela Raas co-heads the team and is well regarded in the market for commercial leasing work; she is also active in contentious matters. Dirk-Jan Gondrie , who jointly heads the team, focuses on sales, acquisitions, leasings and restructurings, and often handles cross-border transactions.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: asset finance and structured finance
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Data privacy and data protection
- EU and competition
- Project finance and PFI
- Real estate
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Energy: regulatory
- Energy: transactional
- Environment and planning
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Private equity
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights