Mr Chai Chong Low > Dentons Rodyk > Singapore, Singapore > Lawyer Profile
Dentons Rodyk Offices
80 RAFFLES PLACE
#33-00 UOB PLAZA 1
- Go to...
Mr Chai Chong Low
Litigation & Arbitration Practice Group, Commercial Litigation, Corporate & Investment Disputes Litigation, General Litigation, Intellectual Property & Technology Litigation, Litigation Competition Law.
Since 1987, Chai Chong has appeared in numerous cases before the High Court and the Court of Appeal in Singapore. Several of the cases in which he appeared as counsel have been reported in the law journals and law reports of Singapore and Malaysia, and have been the subject of academic articles.
Chai Chong has appeared as counsel for many multinational corporations in matters involving patents, trademarks, copyright, passing off, and trade secrets. His practice encompasses telecommunication and competition law, two emerging areas which have been increasingly active in recent years.
Some of his most recent high profile cases include high court suits: Towa Corporation v ASM Technology Pte Ltd and another; Rohm & Haas v Nexplanar; Bristol-Myers Squibb Pharma Company vs Novartis (S) Pte Ltd; H. Lundbeck A/S v Apotheca Marketing; Merck & Co Inc v Novartis (S) Pte Ltd (Montelukast).
Senior Partner, Dentons Rodyk & Davidson LLP (formerly Rodyk & Davidson LLP) (1987 – present)
Chairman, Solicitors’ Accounts Rules Committee, The Law Society of Singapore
Member of Singapore Copyright Tribunal (appointed by Minister of Law)
LLB (Hons) National University of Singapore, 1986
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Antitrust and competition: local firms
- Banking and finance: local firms
- Construction: Local firms
- Dispute resolution: local firms
- Insurance: local firms
- Intellectual property: Local firms
- Labour and employment: local firms
- Private wealth and family law – local firms
- Real estate: local firms
- Restructuring and insolvency: local firms
- Shipping: local firms
- Tax: local firms
- TMT: local firms
- Capital markets: equity and debt: local firms
- Corporate and M&A: local firms
- Energy: foreign firms
- International arbitration
- Investment funds: local firms
- Projects: foreign firms
- Corporate and M&A: foreign firms