Ms Melanie Lim > Dentons Rodyk > Singapore, Singapore > Lawyer Profile
Dentons Rodyk Offices
80 RAFFLES PLACE
#33-00 UOB PLAZA 1
- Go to...
Ms Melanie Lim
LLP's Real Estate Practice Group, Real Estate Finance, Conveyancing (Private Banking), Project Development & Sales.
Melanie’s experience is in property law, property development, banking and finance, and landlord and tenant transactions. She has represented major real estate developers in the negotiation and documentation of transactions in the areas of acquisition, finance, development and sale of property.
She has acted for major developers and property stakeholders in:
- the sale of units in mixed developments, residential developments (landed, cluster landed and strata housing developments) and commercial developments;
- the sale of entire buildings (retail malls, commercial and industrial buildings); and
- the acquisition of land sites for development or redevelopment, whether through the government land sales programmes or collective sales under the Land Titles (Strata) Act.
She also handles transactions that involve properties in the secondary market, where she acts for vendors, purchasers, borrowers, mortgagees (all the major banks and other financial institutions), Central Provident Fund Board and mortgagees in mortgagee auction sales for residential, commercial and industrial properties, including JTC Corporation and Housing & Development Board properties.
On the financing front, she has acted for the paramount mortgagees and lenders in security documentation such as the paramount mortgage, assignment of building agreement, assignment of sale and rental proceeds, assignment of contracts, assignment of insurances, assignment of guarantees, corporate guarantees, personal guarantees, trust deed, and deed of subordination.
Senior Partner, Dentons Rodyk (formerly Rodyk & Davidson LLP) (2006 – present)
Rodyk & Davidson (2000 – 2005)
Allen & Gledhill (1993 – 2000)
LLB (Hons) National University of Singapore, 1992
Dentons Rodyk has one of the largest real estate teams in the Singapore market, embedded in a strong international network. It continues to represent some of the leading Singapore developers, REITs and investors. It consistently advises on headline deals in the market, including the headline sale of Keppel Bay Tower. Liat Yeang Lee is co-head of the team, noted for real estate acquisitions and disposals, collective purchases and developments. Maureen Ann leads the land rights and leasing practice, and Melanie Lim and Pat Lynn Leong are co-heads of the corporate real estate team.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Antitrust and competition: local firms
- Banking and finance: local firms
- Construction: Local firms
- Dispute resolution: local firms
- Insurance: local firms
- Intellectual property: Local firms
- Labour and employment: local firms
- Private wealth and family law – local firms
- Real estate: local firms
- Restructuring and insolvency: local firms
- Shipping: local firms
- Tax: local firms
- TMT: local firms
- Capital markets: equity and debt: local firms
- Corporate and M&A: local firms
- Energy: foreign firms
- International arbitration
- Investment funds: local firms
- Projects: foreign firms
- Corporate and M&A: foreign firms