Ms Melanie Lim > Dentons Rodyk & Davidson LLP > Singapore, Singapore > Lawyer Profile
Dentons Rodyk & Davidson LLP Offices
80 RAFFLES PLACE
#33-00 UOB PLAZA 1
- Go to...
Ms Melanie Lim
LLP's Real Estate Practice Group, Real Estate Finance, Conveyancing (Private Banking), Project Development & Sales.
Melanie’s experience is in property law, property development, banking and finance, and landlord and tenant transactions. She has represented major real estate developers in the negotiation and documentation of transactions in the areas of acquisition, finance, development and sale of property.
She has acted for major developers and property stakeholders in:
- the sale of units in mixed developments, residential developments (landed, cluster landed and strata housing developments) and commercial developments;
- the sale of entire buildings (retail malls, commercial and industrial buildings); and
- the acquisition of land sites for development or redevelopment, whether through the government land sales programmes or collective sales under the Land Titles (Strata) Act.
She also handles transactions that involve properties in the secondary market, where she acts for vendors, purchasers, borrowers, mortgagees (all the major banks and other financial institutions), Central Provident Fund Board and mortgagees in mortgagee auction sales for residential, commercial and industrial properties, including JTC Corporation and Housing & Development Board properties.
On the financing front, she has acted for the paramount mortgagees and lenders in security documentation such as the paramount mortgage, assignment of building agreement, assignment of sale and rental proceeds, assignment of contracts, assignment of insurances, assignment of guarantees, corporate guarantees, personal guarantees, trust deed, and deed of subordination.
Senior Partner, Dentons Rodyk (formerly Rodyk & Davidson LLP) (2006 – present)
Rodyk & Davidson (2000 – 2005)
Allen & Gledhill (1993 – 2000)
LLB (Hons) National University of Singapore, 1992
Singapore > Real estate: local firms
Jointly led by Liat Yeang Lee, Maureen Ann and Pat Lynn Leong, the real estate team at Dentons Rodyk & Davidson LLP is active on a big-ticket acquisitions and sales, project developments, commercial leasing, fund-build-and-lease arrangements and real estate finance. Recent mandates include acting for a joint venture between Lian Beng Group and Apricot Capital on its acquisition of Sembawang Shopping Centre, and Park Mall on the lease negotiation for UBS in setting up a campus-style office in Singapore. Melanie Lim advises developers on the negotiation and documentation of transactions in the areas of acquisition, finance, development and sale of property.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Antitrust and competition: local firms
- Banking and finance: local firms
- Construction: Local firms
- Dispute resolution: local firms
- Insurance: local firms
- Intellectual property: Local firms
- Labour and employment: local firms
- Private wealth: local firms
- Restructuring and insolvency: local firms
- Shipping: local firms
- Tax: local firms
- TMT: local firms
- Capital markets: equity and debt: local firms
- Corporate and M&A: local firms
- International arbitration
- Investment funds: foreign firms
- Investment funds: local firms
- Energy: foreign firms
- Projects: foreign firms